Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chanel Summer 2012 Ombres Contraste Duo 37 Sable - Emovant Swatches and Reviews


I did not plan to buy Sable - Emouvant but after seeing how pigmented and gorgeous it was at Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere  and Natural N Chic Makeup I knew I must buy it.



The packaging is typical stylish Chanel. I love the slim compact casing, very easy to tote around.










This is my first Ombres Contraste Duo and I must say I love the quality of it. It feels almost creamy. The beige shade is almost pearly and the dark sooty brown has subtle shimmer. I used this without any base and it stayed put throughout my dance class. There was no fall out and they just stayed on all day without creasing or fading. I am loving neutrals lately and though Sable Emouvant is not what someone would call exciting in terms of colours, it is easy to use for a makeup noob like me to a makeup diva.







This is how I would normally wear Sable Emouvant for a day look.

Just the satin beige shade on my lids

The dark chocolate shade on my outer corner

Topped off with gel eye liner and liquid eye liner
I am really pleased at the ease at how easy it is to use just two colours on my lids.

It costs SGD $66.

If you love wearable neutrals of good quality, I highly recommend this. It is limited edition so get this quick.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. Pretty neutral colours on your peepers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pammy, I am still on my neutral kick. Just can't get enough.

      Delete
  2. Yay I'm so glad you love the duo. It's also my first Chanel duo and like you said, the texture is so creamy. The shades look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristie, I wonder if the other duos are that delightful, if so this will not be my only duo :)

      Delete
  3. I love your look with it! It's so complex looking that I can't believe you only used two shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I prefer putting fewer shades on my eyes. A makeup noob like myself is totally clueless when I have to put more than 4 shades. I just don't know how to make the colours not look muddy and stand out.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful neutrals, great EOTD as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Eileen you are so sweet, thanks a lot.

      Delete
  5. beautiful Jacqueline! I agree it's a friendly duo, and anyone who loves Chanel should own this! And thank you for the mention. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't mention it Tracy, I love what you did for your EOTD with Sable Emouvant.

      Delete
  6. I also did not plan to buy this but after seeing so many great reviews on this I just have to get it!:-) This is my first Chanel eye shadow too. Luckily I managed to snag one before it becomes OOS;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bey you did not regret your purchase. It is such a lovely duo to apply with.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.