Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chanel Summer 2012 Luminous Bronzing Powder 917 Sable Rose Swatches and Review


I totally love summer and summer loves my wallet. I love colours so I love summer collections be it fashion or makeup. This summer, the major beauty giants have been hitting us with loads of gorgeous eye candy. I am ticking off the Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in Sable Rose from my to buy list since I finally have my hands on it.

I have been seeing pictures of Sable Rose appear on the Internet and I have been wanting to get my hands on it. Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere, Cafe Makeup and The Beauty Look Book have gorgeous swatches that you can check out too. 

When I saw swatches of both I knew I wanted Sable Rose over Sable Beige because I feel it suits my NC35 skin tone better. 








The Luminous Bronzing Powder comes with a soft brush. I rather use my Hakuhodo blush brush but this works well for touch ups.


As you can see Sable Rose comes in strips of beige, brow, rose and gold shades. I love that this can also be used as a blush. Depending on how I swirl my brush, I get varied shades.




My heart felt a little twinge after I ran my fingers through all the stripes and I saw that my gold strip (the one with the Chanel embossing) is not as pristine as it was.

Swatched from the pan from top to bottom, top shade on the left





Blended




It is the same size as last year's bronzers. I bought Bronze Corail last year. I am glad that prices have remained the same, I bought Sable Rose for SGD $77, Bronze Corail also cost the same.


Sable Rose isn't a traditional bronzer, the dusty rose shades help perk my cheeks with rosy colour. I love the colour and what it does for my face. The texture is pigmented. I love using my Hakuhodo blush brush with this. It deposits just the right amount of pigment onto my cheeks. Sable Rose is also finely milled and satiny. When I brush over it, it kicks up some powder though but that does not bother me. This is a fine piece of makeup to add to any makeup collection, if you love bronzers you have to get this.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Sable rose looks gorgeous on you! I also noticed the smudging on the yellow stripe but I suppose hat happens only on finger swatches. Hope ur having fun in Bali! I'm off to Amsterdam in a few hrs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having a great time thanks for asking. So what did you pack for your Amsterdam trip. I realize I don't need half of what I brought, I over packed again.

      Delete
  2. Yay I love this one too! I mostly use it as a blush, but I can see it working as a bronzer on fairer girls, and highligher on darker ones! It's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Sunny, this is a particularly well made piece of makeup. I love it to bits.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you ran your finger over the "CHANEL".
    I probably would have swatched from the parts on either side of the letters. lol. :)
    But I'm a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh, I'm sick like that. If I'm going to use it, why be tentative about it. ;)

      Delete
  4. I finally use mine Sable Rose and it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always dive right into my new makeup. Glad you are loving your SR too.

      Delete
  5. I think this bronzer suits you well. Your application makes your skin looks glowy. :)
    How was your Bali trip? Did you enjoy the foods there too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still in Bali and I'm loving the food. I love the nasi goreng and tauhu goreng. Thanks Meryl, my SR is safe and sound in Singapore waiting for me to use ;)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.