Monday, June 11, 2012

Bali 2012 - The Travel Edition Part 1 and lots of ramblings (Picture heavy and super long post)


Hi everyone, I just came back from Bali yesterday and wanted to share my wonderful trip with you. Bali is such a wonderful place and I can't believe I missed out on such a beautiful travel destination. It was my first time there but definitely will not be my last.

We stayed at Seminyak which is near Kuta but much quieter. It was pretty hard to choose where to stay as there were so many selections, I decided to use TripAdvisor and found Villa Kubu. We stayed in Villa 4 which is a one bedroom villa. USD $295 per night if anyone is interested.


King size bed plus an extra for my sleep kicker DS

I just have to say I have lived in a 4 room flat all my life. I have always wondered how it would feel living in a house or a bungalow for just a few days. I got my wish. This is by far my most luxurious stay evah! I will let the pictures do the talking.


Outdoor bale

Living room area

Kitchen


Outdoor shower, not for the shy!


Peekaboo! I see you!


Chill-laxing after a long hard day of play!

Every morning we had two cooks who would come in and cook breakfast for us. DH looked forward to the nasi goreng (fried rice) everyday.



We were about 5 minutes walk from the main road where there were many eateries and a super mart (very important when you have a kid with you.) It was however a 20 minute walk to Seminyak beach, there is a free shuttle service from the villa but we wanted to explore.



Seminyak beach is more of a surfer beach, the waves here make it not really conducive for swimming or for little kids. You have to swim in between the red flags or the lifeguards will remind you. The sand isn't the pristine white sand instead it is grey sand that shimmer and shine.

If you are lived in Singapore all your life like me, you would understand that big waves are a novelty. There is basically not many big waves in any of the beaches in Singapore. So we had a blast of a time jumping in the water and getting sloshed by the waves.



My son just behind me getting sloshed, you can barely see his head.
The beach is relatively quieter than Kuta which we could see at a distance. From where I was I could see that Kuta is overcrowded with beach umbrellas and chairs, I'm glad we chose a quieter beach. We still had our fair share of beach vendors who were quite insistent. We just had to be very polite and insist we did not want to buy anything. The beach chairs and umbrellas are rented from the beach vendors that dot along the beach.  It costs about 20,000 rupiah, SGD $3 after much bargaining. These vendors are very savvy, they look at you and kinda size you up. I overheard one charging another USD $10 to a guy. So if you go there now you know better.



Super friendly guard dog
 The sweetie of a dog that always greets us at the lobby.




I can't say enough about the service at our villa. Friendly and helpful with a personal touch. I love the natural setting and rustic feel to the place. 

You know one thing I hate about trips, the sense of loss when the trip is over. The strong wish to be back there again to relive the whole experience. Isn't it funny how time flies when you are having fun and how it drags on and on when you are working?

If Villa Kubu was a makeup item I would rate it a 6 lipsticks with additional +++!

I'll stop here in case I bore you. More pictures and ramblings tomorrow. Plus a Bali Makeup Edition.

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Bali is a perfect getaway and oh the sun - this is something I really miss after being in cold rainy and dull Denmark. It's currently 13 degrees here... and this is what they call summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do well in cold weather or long flights so that is why I choose nearby countries. Besides we are beach bums through and through, give us a beach any day. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice place! Must check it out with my folks:-) The last time I visited Bali was in 1996!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that was a long time ago. ;) I intend to bring my mom the next time around.

      Delete
  3. wow! now I want to visit Bali! :-)))
    your purple dress is so beautiful!
    I'm glad you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caise, you must, the Balinese people are so nice.

      Delete
  4. Ahhh looks like you had a GREAT time there! I'm soooo jealous! I've always wanted to go to Bali! Your son is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny, I'm currently suffering from withdrawal symptoms. I wanna go back. My DS is a cheeky handful but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

      Delete
  5. Bali looks so beautiful and thanks for following.. looking forward to the makeup edition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nic Nic, thanks for dropping by and leaving me a comment. :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like an awesome trip! I've never been to Bali but it's definitely looking very attractive =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna, if you love the beach you will definitely love Bali.

      Delete
  7. Ahh... the villa looks relaxing. I'm glad you and the family had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treasure the family bonding time, I think that was the best. I laugh when I think about how DH swung DS over the waves.

      Delete
  8. You're such a sexy mama :)
    I went to Bali last month and looking at your photos makes me wanna go there again!
    I am sure you're having a good time there! Did you try the pork ribs there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Meryl, thanks :) which part of Bali did you visit? I'm planning to go again this December but this time with my mom and DS. I think my mom would love it.

      Delete
    2. Meryl we missed out the pork ribs and Babi Guiling, DS is such a picky eater. I want to try it the next time I'm there. Is it good?

      Delete
    3. I visited Seminyak beach, Uluwatu, Ubud. You should visit Uluwatu, the view is gorgeous! All the five starts hotels are situated there :)
      Personally I don't like Babi guling, it's too oily for my liking. The pork ribs are nice, try Nuri's in Seminyak and Ubud. You should try bebek bengil (fried duck) ib Ubud as well.
      If you like to enjoy sunset, visit Rock Bar at Ayana Uluwatu, I am sure you'll love it!
      aahhh long list to go! Email me for more ;)

      Delete
  9. very nice place! I was like wow! seing your living room area. Sounds like a great break you had. Would love to head down to bali one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sizebelle, thanks for dropping by. Bali is a wonderful place to visit. The best part is it is only 2.5 hrs flight from Singapore. A big plus point for me.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.