Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bali 2012 - The Makeup Edition (The haul)

One of the best part about taking a trip overseas is visiting the fantastic DFS shops in Changi airport. Honestly that is usually where I spend the bulk of my spending money. I get tingles when I see a DFS shop.

You know how you are in a candy shop, everything just looks so delicious but you have a limited amount of money so you can't buy everything in the shop and so you have to make decisions, tough ones? I was like that, I spent a good amount of time wandering through each display thinking of what to pick up.


I would say I was very disciplined, I did not go into a buying frenzy. Just so many things on display and I did not know what to buy!


My haul! I was so happy to take pictures in the villa setting. Here are my "models" on their "photo-shoot".




Left to right: #16 Pourpre Preview and #5 Rose Vintage
There is a YSL counter at Terminal 2 and they had the glossy stains, yay! Naturally I had to pick up another two. These were going for SGD $38.30 each. I had wanted to pick up their Pure Chromatics eye shadow palette but I did not see any colours that I was interested in.





I totally blame Kate from drivel about frivol for this buy. She did 6 very beautiful looks with Ebloui. Enough said, I had to get it. SGD $41.60.


Finally, my favourite sunblock of all time. This is probably my sixth bottle. SGD $60.50.

These are the makeup items I brought with me. Once I reached Bali, I knew I packed too much yet again. Bali isn't really a place where I needed to wear a lot of makeup.  In fact I would feel out of place wearing heavy makeup. There is just no need.


My base products:
Lancome La Base Pro primer
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Giorgio Armani Face Fabric
Lancome Macqui Blanc Miracle (did not use this at all)


My cheek products:
Laura Mercier Bonne Mine palette
Chanel Horizon blush
Edward Bess Quad Royale Monte Carlo



My eye products:
Shu Uemura brow pencil
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colours
MUFE Aqua Shadow 28E
Chanel Inimitable Extreme mascara (I fell in love with this!)



My lip products:
YSL glossy stain Corail Fauve
Chanel Rouge Coco Shines En Vogue, Monte Carlo and Romance


All my makeup together. Doesn't look like I brought much right? I skipped bringing my brushes.

What I wore out mostly was my Clarins UV Plus tinted sunblock and my sorely neglected Giorgio Armani Face Fabric which proved to be just the right type of foundation for the weather and for that natural look. I also stuck to water proof eye products.


Simple travelling look:
Clarins UV Plus HP Beige

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric No.3

Laura Mercier Bonne Mine palette for blush, bronzer and highlight

Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colour in Moss and Techno Gold

Chanel Inimitable Extreme mascara
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine En Vogue





Simple flying home look:
Clarins UV Plus HP Beige
Lacome La Base Pro primer
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Laura Mercier Bonne Mine palette for bronzer
Chanel Horizon blush

Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Colour in Magnolia and Purple Dawn

Chanel Inimitable Extreme mascara
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Romance

Further swatches and reviews soon.

As you can see, I got myself a serious tan and as such my foundations are too light for me. Worst of all, I have the dreaded goggle eyes (when you wear sunglasses the whole day and the top half of your face is lighter than the bottom half).


I am secretly jumping in glee because it gives me a good excuse to go foundation hunting. Yay! On the flip-side, this darker shade is throwing my normal blush selections off.  My pink and rose blushes just look too much! I'm sticking to bronzers and peach blush for the time being. Boo!

16 comments:

  1. oh my!!!! I could live in this store! it looks so great!
    and your haul is amazing! and I completely understand you! it is like a candy shop :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could huh, I don't mind getting locked up in the store for one night, I can play to my heart's content.

      Delete
  2. I totally know what you mean about being overwhelmed at duty-free! This is why I always plan out my purchases first (at least roughly, say 2 Chanel glossimers), otherwise I will just be super indecisive and stand there and end up not making a decision!

    I'm so impressed that you actually wear foundation AND eyeshadow on holiday, I am such a makeup sloth on holiday. I got around a lot of Europe with just sunblock, concealer and some blush :P All your buys look really nice, the glossy stains especially! And love the pics of them decorated with the flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I basically allocate at least one hour just to wander around DFS because I cannot make decisions. Especially the box set of lipsticks from the different brands. I always want to buy but can't decide. Then I spend the whole trip thinking about what I should have bought and when I do fly back I decide not to. My DH can't stand me :)

      I must at least make a dent in my foundation stash. So die die must wear at least a little makeup.

      Delete
    2. Haha my SO would not like it if I spent one hour around DFS!! He would be dead bored!! Does your DH occupy DS when you're at DFS?

      It's helped that I've been on a super freaking low buy (well, practically a no buy really apart from skincare) because money's tight and I'd really like to use up more of my stash before it all goes bad. So I've been able to shop my stash a lot and still feel like I'm trying something 'new' from time to time!

      Delete
    3. My DH is very sweet, he will play with DS and occupy him while I shop.

      Delete
  3. I'll accept the blame for Ebloui.... but why couldn't you have taken me in your suitcase?
    Trip looks amazing and I really enjoyed peeking at the makeup you packed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I take you in my suitcase Kate, I probably have to take make space for a few more :)I can't show favoritism, I must be fair.

      Delete
  4. Oh that lovely Terminal 2 DFS. That's probably the best terminal to be in - has everything you need within short walking distance. :-) A lovely haul as always and the tan is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. I like Terminal 3 better because I find the selections there wider but any DFS shopping so long as I can get cheaper makeup is good.

      Delete
  5. I completely understand the fascination with DFS.. I'm the same way when I travel! Changi's DFS is definitely one of the best ones amongst all the airports I've been in.
    I'm amazed you're so diligent with your makeup! I'm super slack whenever I'm on holiday.. you'd be hard pressed to even find me using foundation =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this need to try and finish about my makeup so I make the extra effort. I'm the crazy vain pot who wakes up at 5.15 in the morning to put on makeup for work. Anyways as I say I am vain, I knew I was going to take pictures so I wanted to not look like a corpse. Terrible right?

      Delete
  6. Nice haul from DFS. I can't wait to lay my hands on YSL glossy stains!!

    I have to salute your diligence on applying makeup on holidays. I usually bring ZERO makeup on holidays because I will be too lazy to do anything with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try at least one, you will not look back. I wear makeup everywhere in the efforts to use up what I have then I can buy more ;)

      Delete
  7. Hello! Is it better to shop at the departure halls or at the arrival halls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there you should buy from the departure hall because you don't have to pay for the gst.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.