Monday, May 7, 2012

Two smoky eye looks with Chanel Ombres Matelassees Eye Shadow Palette 51 Montaigne

I had time during the weekend to play around with my Montaigne palette. I wanted to show you two smoky looks that I did. I am an absolutely noob when it comes to applying makeup so this is my amateur attempt.

While playing with the palette, I realize I have to take back what I said about the black grey shade, with a primer under it, it is actually very pigmented.

Smoky Look 1


First I prepped my eye with NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base then dabbed the darkest shade using the sponge tip applicator on my outer corners working in. Using my Sigma E25 blending brush, I soften the hard edges.


 Next, I dabbed the khaki colour on the middle of my lids working inwards.


Next I used the warm gold colour (middle shade) and blended in towards the inner corner of my eye. I used the second lightest gold shade to blend towards by brows and used the lightest shade for my brow highlights.


Finally added black liquid liner on my lids and used a black pencil to line the bottom waterline. I used the lightest shade to highlight the inner corners as well.




Smoky Look 2


This time I used the khaki colour all over my lids up and slightly beyond my crease.


I dabbed the second lightest colour in the middles of my lids and the black on my outer v. Again using the second lightest colour for the entire lid and blending to soften the khaki colour. The lightest shade on my brow bones to highlight. Using a black pencil I lined both the upper and lower lids. Finally adding the second shade on the inner corner of my eyes.



Two different eye looks for my fotd, can you tell?

Face:
Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base
Giorgio Armani Lasting UV Silk foundation in 7.
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Laura Mercier Bonne Mine face palette
Chanel Joues Constraste Rose Petal

Lips
Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La'Furtive

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

  1. smoky look 1 seems to make your eyes look longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are really nice! That khaki shade really blends like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning looks! That khaki colour is absolutely breathtaking! Awww... You're making me regret not picking up this palette when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonno, no worries, you know there will always be another newer and better eye palette around. Don't let it haunt your dreams. ;)

      Delete
  4. I like both of them, quite lovely! I think I'd be more likely to wear #1 because of my eye shape. The lip color you paired them with is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like #1 better too because I prefer using my liquid eyeliner than pencil. That is my La Furtive on my lips.

      Delete
  5. Jacq, I seriously love #1 on you, it's what Cecilia would have done for you! Gorgeously smokey, very sultry too! La Furtive is beautiful isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous hun! Very simple and great tutorial.. x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.