Friday, May 4, 2012

Sponsored Post: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural N5 and Aqua Lip 2C Swatches and Reviews









As you can see N5 is a nude shade on my lips. In order for it not to wash me out, I layered it with the Aqua Lip in 2C to give it more colour. It has a glossier shine as compared to Rouge Artist Intense.  Thus it is not as long wearing as the Rouge Artist Intense. It lasted about 3 hours on me. 



It is creamier than the Rouge Artist Intense however not as creamy or moisturizing as my favorite luxury brands.






Aqua Lip in 2C is a warm neutral rose shade that looks good on my lips. When I prep my lips with a hydrating lip balm, I find that 2C glides smoothly without skipping. I have 16C (bright pink) and 17C (bright orange) reviewed here.

Left to right: Rouge Artist Natural N5, N5 over 2C Aqua Lip and 2C Aqua Lip



Left to right: 9C, 3C, 14C and 2C

The above are some swatches I made of some other Aqua Lip pencils while at the launch. Pardon the haphazard way they were swatched. They cost SGD $38 if I am not mistaken.



More swatches of Moulin Rouge and N5. As you can see N5 is glossier.

For day wear, I definitely prefer the Rouge Artist Natural formula. It feels more comfortable on my lips. I am definitely interested to see and swatch the other colors.

Here are some online swatches I gathered for your viewing pleasure. N35 and N45 at Fruity Lashes. N31 and N9 at Musings of A Muse.  N47 at Pink Sith. There are a total of 50 whopping colors to choose from, you will probably not be able to get all 50 shades at Sephora but you can check out the Make Up For Ever Academy at 1 Raffles Place I bet they carry all the colours.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks (Rouge Artist Natural)

Ratings: 3 lipsticks (Aqua Lips)

8 comments:

  1. wah such a beautiful indeed natural color! *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think so? I am so used to bright lips that nude lips take getting used to.

      Delete
  2. the nude shade suits you:)) it's like your MLBB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey wickeRoss, thanks for leaving a comment. These are sheer and glossy so it does not wash me out. I will however stick to pairing these with smokey eyes.

      Delete
  3. Jacq, i like this color so much. Makes me want to get it as I love nudes so much. I also think you look sweet in nudes too; you look sexy in red but u look sweet in nudes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Meryl thanks so much for your compliment. I think you would love the Natural series.

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog while I was searching for some MUFE swatches and it's great! You have a great variety of makeup products and the swatches are extremely helpful :D But if you do not mind a suggestion, next time you review a lipstick, you shouldn't post such close-up pictures of your lips. I particularly do not find them very helpful, but that's just my opinion. Pictures of lips with the lipstick on are great but they don't need that much close-up. Also, it would be great if could post a picture of your entire face with the product on so we can have an idea of how the color works against your skin tone. That would be very helpful for me, particularly xD, because it seems we are in the same range of skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gabis, thank you for your true and honest opinion. I do not mind at all. Your suggestions are useful and I will try them out.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.