Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sponsored post: Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Moulin Rouge Swatches and Reviews


The generous "tribe" at Make Up For Ever was very kind to have given me a whole box of goodies to try out when I went for their launch recently. There are actually more items but I will not show them to you till June, shh... secret secret stuff. 


I will start off the first of my Make Up For Ever sponsored posts with my favourite products of all, lipsticks. I am very lucky to have received two lipsticks to try out, one from each of the two ranges that MUFE has, Rouge Artist Intense and Rouge Artist Natural. Being the red lipstick lover that I am, I had to test out the red lipstick first.






(Taken from Sephora website)

What it is:

A highly pigmented, long-lasting lipstick that delivers rich color in one stroke.



What it does:
Formulated with 50% more pigment than the traditional lipstick, Rouge Artist Intense gives an immediate true-to-color result. A blend of three natural waxes, the creamy texture glides on effortlessly for a long-lasting hold. The extensive color and texture range provides unlimited creativity.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
Available in three finishes—matte, pearly, and satin—for varying effects.



I received a special edition Rouge Artist Intense called Moulin Rouge. Both the box and the casing is different from the regular Rouge Intense range.





It comes in a classy black, light weight metal casing.




I would say Moulin Rouge is a cool toned red. It has a semi satin texture



The Rouge Intense lipsticks are really intense. Just one swipe delivers intense colour. The texture is not as creamy or comfortable as the luxury lipsticks I am inclined to but neither is it drying. My lips did not peel after removal. It glided onto my lips with a little more effort. It feels lightweight. 


I do need to prep my lips with a hydrating lip balm before application. 


What I liked was how long lasting it was. I wore it out for my exotic dance class and was sipping water constantly. After class I went out for dinner with DH and DS. I had no time to touch up at all. At the end of the day, I had nice red stained lips. Before dinner I also notice the lip colour stayed fresh for about 5 hours without reapplication. I bet it would have stayed that away if I had not eaten.


There are a total of 50 colours! How amazing is that? They comes in 3 different textures, satin, iridescent and diamond finish. If I'm not mistaken, they cost SGD $38, USD $19. Hm...


Rouge Intense lipsticks are for you if you are not shy about colour and want a opaque finish. I think MUFE do bright colours really well because they pop.


Karla Sugar has all the lipsticks swatched here. I like the look of No. 9 and No. 37 which Temptalia has a lip swatch of.


Ratings: 4 lipsticks





Face:
Clarins UV Plus HP Beige
Burberry Fresh Glow primer
Burberry Sheer Foundation No. 7
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracotta Sun Shimmer Highlighter Blush No. 03 Spicy Coral

Eyes:
NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
Laura Mercier Metallic Cream Eye Colour Gold
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill eye shadow Gold Blitz
Dollywink Liquid Eye Liner
Ardell lashes 108

Lips:
Burberry Lip Liner Brick Red
Make Up For Ever uge Intense Artist Moulin Rouge


10 comments:

  1. I love MUFE lipsticks and these look amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, do you own any? I would love to hear your thoughts about them.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is beautiful beautiful on you, Jacqueline! It's definitely out of my comfort zone, but it's such a striking shade! Can't wait to see what you have to share in June too! MUFE really isn't big here and I think MOST people don't know what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny, I bet you would look fantastic with red lips. In the past I would never wear a red lip because I always felt that it screams attention. But now I feel that red lips makes me feel bold and fearless. I know it is silly but it does. What I like about MUFE is the amazing range of colors they have. Liza Haron the national trainer for MUFE said that life is like a stage and as women we have the right to change our minds and looks according to how we feel that day. I really like that.

      Delete
  3. Great shade on you! I've tried MUFE lipstiscks before and I agree with you about the texture - they're not as luxe as the high-end brands, but texturally they don't give problems with dryness etc that I sometimes get with MAC. But I prefer more glossy feeling lipsticks and these aren't quite my type! I'm still debating over Revlon lip butters haha. But my skin's been hating me recently, I just bought a ton of new La-Roche Posay skincare which I'm hoping will calm it down - decided to get a new cleanser for intolerant skin (which totally describes mine), a scrub for when my skin calms down, spot treatment and Cicaplast (which many seem to like as a primer instead). Crossing fingers :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, so sorry to hear that your skin is acting up on you. I hope your new products will help you calm your skin down. I think MUFE products are great for performances don't you think? They last so well, if will probably like my next post which features the Rouge Artist Natural, they are glossier and more comfortable on the lips.

      Delete
  4. Fun! Looking forward to seeing what else you received in June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your lips are so full and perfect for showing off some gorgeous red lipstick! I just love red lipstick or gloss; it's so classy, especially with the neutral eye look you paired it with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy, for a very long time I hated my lips especially as a teen. You make my day girl!

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.