Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Gold and Alloy Swatches and Reviews



The only reason why I even looked at the Metallic Creme Eye Colour was because I read that the colour Gold is very close to the shade Golden of the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick range which I want but cannot get.

Have I told you I am a sucker for gold colours? I am, in a very big way. I can't see the word gold in any makeup description because I will sit up and take notice immediately.

(Taken from Laura Mercier website)
Description
  • High metallic pearls are waterproof, lightweight and non-greasy
  • Versatile colours complement any look & the long play time ensures that you have enough time to work before the product dries
  • Increase wearability and create alternative looks by layering underneath your favorite Eye Colour
  • To minimize the metallic shimmering effect "set" with Translucent Loose Setting Powder - also prolonging wear time
  • 0.3 oz./8.5g

How to use
  • Dispense a small amount of product and use the Crème Eye Colour Brush for all over application or the Crème Eye Colour Detail Brush for precision application
  • Apply in sheer layers, adding more product to increase the depth of colour
  • If you want to minimize the metallic shimmering effect of the product, simply "set" with Translucent Loose Setting Powder - this technique also prolongs wear time

It wasn't my intention to buy them but the swatches I did at the store made me fall in love. I intially only bought Gold but the following week somehow managed to wonder into Sephora again and before I know it I was at the cashier paying for Alloy.



The Metallic Cremes come in very handy tubes. Hopefully these will not dry out quickly.

Gold


Gold sheered out

Gold sheered out
Alloy

Alloy
Gold is a warm shimmery gold shade very suitable for warmer skin tones whereas Alloy is more of a cool shimmery taupe shade.

These are my kind of colours. Colours I can wear on my entire lid. Don't you just love how Gold looks sheered out. I am in love.

Like the Caviar Sticks, these are creamy and blend very well. I do not experience any smudging at all with them but they do not survive my tears. They hold on to powdered shadows very well too.

My favourite combination for Gold is to pair it up with Giorgio Armani's Eyes To Kill in Gold Blitz or Khaki Pulse.

Gold blended over Nars primer

Topped with GA Gold Blitz
Topped with Dollywink liquid eye liner


With Alloy I pair it with Caviar Stick Amethyst.

There are a total of 5 colours.

Alloy
Burnished Copper (warm brown)
Glod
Platium (champagne)
Rose Gold

Check out the entire set of swatches at Karla Sugar.

I want Rose Gold unfortunately I don't see it anywhere at the counters.

I paid SGD $35 for these, they sell for USD $22. I wished the prices were marked a little lower. I would suggest that f you intend to pick up many items from Laura Mercier, shop online, you would save more but if you only intend to pick up one item, get it from Sephora.


Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous! I love the tube too and the size of the hole looks perfect for keeping product fresh and being easy to control for use. I love Alloy! Mercury looks super amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, these are very good cream eye shadows. They work so lovely as a base. I am hoping that unlike bottled cream eye shadows, these will stay creamy longer.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could do more gold eyeshadows or warm browns... Never tried or ever seen the LM Metallic Creme Eye Colours. Next time I'm in Singapore, I will certainly check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only do certain golds, if it is too yellow, I don't seem to look good. On the other hand, I don't do grey and silver. Guess you are more cool toned whereas I'm more warm :)

      Delete
  3. Jacq, they are simply amazing. I love Aloy. I have it it my stash but almost forgotten it! Thank you for the post, it reminds me that I should try this again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl dear, how long have you had your Alloy? I am wondering how long they will stay creamy.

      Delete
    2. Not too long, I guess about 1.5 months. I hope it will stay like new for a year at least :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.