Sunday, May 13, 2012

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color Amethyst



When I heard news that Laura Mercier is finally sold at Sephora I was ecstatic. I read about their Caviar Sticks through the amazing Makeup Magpie She did a review on Golden Caviar Stick and I knew I had to get it. Unfortunately they did not carry Golden but I was determined to get a color to try. Out of all the colors I searched online, I liked Amethyst swatches best (check out Visionary Beauty's swatches here). I didn't want another dark pencil since I haven't been inclined to do smokey eyes lately. Which is strange because these were made for the purpose of creating smokey eyes.

(Taken from Laura Mercier website)

Inspired by Laura Mercier's cult classic Caviar Eye Liner, Caviar Stick Eye Colour offers a new technique to enhance the smoky eye look. In a range of eight beautiful shades, this creamy formula provides endless options for a flawless smoky eye. Each convenient stick is long-wearing, transfer- and crease-resistant. The colour glides onto lids and blends easily with a rich colour payoff.

  • Apply directly to lash line for a smoky liner effect, or all over eye lid for higher impact.
  • Blend with the Smoky Eye Liner Brush or fingertips for a smoldering finish.
  • Use alone or together with Laura Mercier's Caviar Eye Liner.




Caviar Sticks look very much like MAC Shadesticks and that is the only thing they have in common. Caviar Sticks are the smoothest and creamiest pencils ever. They literally glide on like butter and blend like melted butter. I experience no skipping when I apply this on my lids, they blend very easily when I use my fingers and they last the whole day without smudging. I can lay it on thick or sheer it out with my fingers. They however did not survive my teary eyes but it is okay nothing ever does.




Right swatch: Blended

There are a total of 9 colors. 

Turquoise
Steel
Jungle
Khaki
Cocoa
Sapphire
Plum
Amethyst
Smoke

Unfortunately I don't see another color I am interested in. Perhaps Sapphire. Karla Sugar has amazing swatches here. I bought this for SGD $39. It sells for USD $24. 

Ratings: 4 lipsticks (I wish there were more colors though)

Edited on 20 May 2012


I tried using the caviar stick without any primer and found that they did crease slightly after the end of my 12 hour work day. The weather has been very humid and half of the day I work in a non air-conditioned environment. 

15 comments:

  1. This shade is beautiful, love taupe colour! Do u néed to apply primer before to make sure it last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it without a primer, I'll do that and let you know the results.

      Delete
  2. it looks very nice but of course Laura Mercier cosmetics aren't available here :-))

    I've recently seen at Sephora eyeshadow pencil from Make Up For Ever. They are waterproof and I tried them on my hand and seem to be good but unfortunately I didn't like any color so I didn't buy it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MUFE Aqua Shadows are quite lovely. What kind of shades do you like best?

      Delete
    2. all shades of pink and grey :-)

      Delete
    3. I see, no wonder you couldn't find anything you liked from the MUFE collection, they had mostly neutrals and a couple of brights. Laura Mercier has a caviar stick that you might ike called Steel.

      Delete
  3. Nice! i've been meaning to check out the LM counter at Sephora, but haven't had the time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These aren't LE so you ca take your time. I am hoping they would bring in their newer collections.

      Delete
  4. It does look very creamy.. it seems nice, great review :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have enough cream eyeshadows to last me a lifetime and this shade seems to be replicated by quite a number of brands. I agree that the MAC pencil sticks/greasepaintsticks can be quite dry, so extra creaminess is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't ick up any ore cream shadows unless the shade is unique. I gave up on grease paints and paint pots from MAC. Th texture was too good not to try.

      Delete
  6. This is so pretty! I've recently discovered the joy of cream eyeshadow, and I'd love to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.