Thursday, May 17, 2012

Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Creme Colour Palette Review and Swatches


I bought this at the recommendation from my fellow makeup blogger Jolyn. She has an eye for great makeup that girl! She spotted it at Sephora Ion a few weeks back and created a lemming in me so when I had the chance to shop with her, I immediately snapped it up.


(Taken from Sephora website)

What it does:
This ultra-sheer, blendable palette wakes up the skin and gives it an immediate, healthy glow. Customize your look with bronzer, cheek color, and glow for a natural "no makeup" radiance. Inside, there are tabs that fan out to display Laura's secrets on how to best use the formulas to create standout results.

This set contains:
- 0.36 oz Bronzer Veil
- 2 x 0.14 oz Cheek Veil
- 2 x 0.14 oz Glow Veil

Ingredients:

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Simethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Terta-di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tropolone. (+/-): Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 77492, Cl 77491, Cl 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Cheek Veil) (2,3) Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Simethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Terta-di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tropolone. (+/-): Cl 77491 (Iron Oxide), Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Cl 77499, Cl 77492 (Iron Oxides), Cl 75470 (Carmine). (Glow Veil) (4,5) Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Simethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Terta-di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tropolone. (+/-): Cl 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 (Iron Oxides).


The palette is made of glossy hard cardboard. It is quite sturdy and thick as well. There are pull out cards to teach you how to apply bronzer, blush and highlighter.






Left to right: Bronzer Veil, 2 cheek veils and 2 glow veils


They feel hard in the beginning but with the warm of my fingers, it melts and becomes soft and creamy. They blend so well. You can't use a brush to pick this product up because it needs warmth. After leaving it near my windows for a few minutes I noticed the surface was very emollient and it was very easy to pick up product. So it might not be a good idea to leave it in the car.


Glow veil 1

The first glow veil is a shimmery champagne highlighter.


Glow veil 2
 The second glow veil is more of a bronze gold highlighter.

Cheek veil 1
 The lighter cheek veil is a peachy pink shade.

Cheek veil 2
 The darker cheek veil is a dusty brown rose shade.

Bronzer veil
When I first saw and swatched the bronzer shade I was a tad worried that it would be too dark for me. But it wasn't the case, when I blended it with my fingers, it melds seamless into my foundation to give me a subtle contour.

Bronzer unblended

Bronzer blended


Here I added the lighter cheek veil on my cheeks. You probably can't see it. The cheek veil gives me a hint of healthy colour. On lighter skin tones I bet the colour would just pop out



My half finished look with bronzer and cheek veil.

Bonne Mine costs SGD $78 at Sephora Ion. USD$48, wah!!! It is highly marked up!

Well if you love the natural look, Bonne Mine is a very useful palette to own. I feel that the shades would look good on fair to medium skin tones but am not sure if the shades would show up on darker skin tones. If you travel, it is best to pick it up at a US store, that way you won't feel the pinch as much as I do.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. This looks like a palette that I would not normally consider, perhaps it's the darker shades. But it does blend into your skin very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting that it would be apply darker but it is actually sheer and buildable.

      Delete
  2. Honestly the packaging doesn't really attract me and it's highly marked up. Btw your natural look is nice. I like it sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it wasn't so marked up :( too. Thanks Meryl, I added my eye shadow and lipstick after, I'll show the finished look another day.

      Delete
  3. I think you look fab with Bonne Mine! Cheekbones FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura Mercier is really known for this natural look, which I find immensely flattering! I'm not sure if I can find this at the LM counters here, but I might have to take a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It blends like a dream and the best part, isn't oily on my face. You got to check it out.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.