Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Diorskin Nude Tan 003 Zenith Swatches and Review


I feel like we are being bombarded with pretty bronzers this summer don't you think. Out of my 4 pretty bronzers I have set my sights on, I can safely tick off Dior since I have laid my greedy hands on it. The other three, namely, Chanel's Sable Rose, Guerlain's Emilio Pucci blush/bronzer and Burberry's bronzer I will wait and swatch them at the counters before making my decision.


(Taken from Nordstrom website)

Diorskin Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder is a multitoned bronzer delivered in a sleek, round, silver cannage compact accompanied by a mini kabuki brush. It creates a veil of radiant color on the face for a natural, healthy glow. Featuring new Mineral Prism technology, energizing water and a light transparent formula to create an energized, glowing complexion.

Singapore is getting 001 Aurora and 003 Zenith. I fear that Aurora will be too light for me so I decided to get Zenith instead. Let me say that the box it comes in is huge! 



Here, I placed my Dior 5 colour eye-shadow palette box right beside it for a comparison. It is big because it houses a very cute kabuki brush.



I have to say, I love the brush so much. It is soft and picks up the right amount of product for me. 





I am a huge sucker for classy and fancy packaging. This just screams classy. I don't care if it is a fingerprint magnet, just look at how shiny it is. I am bedazzled. There is a magnetic closure that keeps the compact closed.









The letters N and E are shimmery whereas the U and D are matte. The shimmer is very fine not sparkly. I love how finely milled it is, never chalky. When I swirl the kabuki brush around the pan, it does not kick up any dust.






All shades blended together

I love that there isn't any orange in sight. It blends very well into my skin. It is also long lasting. I wear it the whole day without having to touch up. 

This costs SGD $84. At Nordstrom you can buy it for USD $55 but unfortunately they only carry 002 Sunlight and 004 Sunset. It is quite marked up in Singapore IMHO so If you don't mind basing on online swatches you might want to think about ordering online provided you get more than one item.

I had wanted to pick this up at the counter as well. For once sanity prevailed. This is selling for SGD$98 whereas it is selling for USD $60.  It is a good $20 more! So if you intend to pick up a few things from the Dior Summer 2012 collection do yourself a favour and buy them online. It is cheaper

I love my new bronzer, from the wonderful texture, wearable colour to the super duper classy packaging. If you are of darker skin tone, your best bet would be Zenith whereas fairer skin tones can definitely go for Aurora.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks (only because you are so marked up)

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatch Jacq! I'm not sure how to use bronzer but definitely get one either from Dior, Chanel or Burberry. They are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially, I did not know how to use a bronzer too, but I went and checked out some tutorials and decided to try it out. I use my bronzers on the hollows of my cheeks. Not sure if I'm right. Go to a counter and get the SA to show you how.

      Delete
  2. Surprised that they don't have all the shades released in Singapore. I think Sunrise has more contrasting colours compared to the other 3 in the range. Also have my eyes on Guerlain x pucci, and the Burberry bronzer. :-) Get them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also quite disappointed, I would have loved to see Sunlight in real life. Great minds think alike Tracy ;) we must see who will get our hands on them first!

      Delete
  3. it looks so beautiful! I really wanna try it out :-)
    I definitely have to buy a bronzer to contour my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, this will be one bronzer you will love t try. I bet Aurora would look great on you.

      Delete
  4. This bronzer is nothing short of gorgeous! I just wish they weren't so overpriced :p But it's a collector's item as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only set my eyes on it because of the beautiful silver casing I am glad it lives up to my expectations. It is absolutely gorgeous and wonderful to apply.

      Delete
  5. It's really pretty! Feel free to ask me to CP anything that's grossly marked up. I hate markups! I also have a feeling that I'll be going to the States over the summer so the prices will be even lower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BooBoo for your offer. I will definitely take you up on your offer.

      Delete
  6. I finally went down to swatch, and perhaps purchase BUT!!! Auora leans more on the peachy side and I had to say no. Not that it ain't pretty T-T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw.. never mind Joyce maybe the Chanel bronzers would look beautiful on you.

      Delete
  7. This is really classy! I have the Pucci x Guerlain one. It's absolutely gorgeous! Go grab it!! I am sure you won't regret it!! ;-) I'm also thinking of the Chanel one. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want! I want! I am lemming the Pucci blush bronzer too. I am just going to close my eyes and buy all of them!

      Delete
    2. Yes go grab em all gal! ;-) you really should not miss the Pucci x Guerlain one. Think of the beautiful packaging and the beautiful colours....;-)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.