Wednesday, April 4, 2012

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains No. 8 Orange De Chine and No. 12 Corail Fauve Swatches and Review



They finally came! I have been waiting for these two babies for like ages. Now they are in my hands I can't wait to show them to you and gush!

After pouring through all the swatches available on the net I decided to pick Orange De Chine and Corail Fauve.


I love that there is a  little window for you to see how much product you have left, not that I will ever need to worry about that. I have only finished one lip colour product in my life. I must say that I was a wee bit disappointed that the container is plastic. It is actually better because I do not need to worry about it dropping and breaking but I guess I am too pampered by the Chanel Rouge Allure Lacques.



It comes with a large doe foot applicator that does a good job spreading the colour around. I do have a teensy problem applying precisely on the corner of my lips but I bet with practice I will get a hand of it.

Left to right: Corail Fauve and Orange De Chine

One layer
Two layers

The first set of swatches were made with just one layer. Corail Fauve is a peach pink with hints of coral and Orange De Chine is a straight up juicy orange shade. 

These have a formula to die for. First application goes on sheer but once I layer another it becomes pigmented and semi opaque. The stain has a liquid consitency but after a few seconds it dries down to a slightly sticky finish. It is nothing tacky like MAC lipglasses, just slightly. And oh my, the glossy finish stays on throughout. It isn't long lasting, it disappears with food and what remains is a slight stain. I wore it out for a good 12 hours and applied it a total of 4 times. Such a joy! Reapplication was a breeze. I did not have to worry about peeling lips. After removal my lips remained healthy.


I find that Corail Fauve seems sheerer than Orange De Chine. I have read that the darker shades are more pigmented and so my advice is the get them instead of the lighter ones. I also advise that you use a lip liner to line your lips before applying. It will ensure a more precise lip application.

I definitely want more! I'm thinking of picking up No 7 Corail Aquatique, and No. 15 Rose Vinyl.

 Check out the amazing swatches as Karla Sugar and The Raeviwer.

On to the lip swatches.


Corail Fauve







Orange De Chine




The Glossy Stains cost USD$32. I bought mine from Amazon Sephora.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks.

22 comments:

  1. hi Jac
    I have no. 12 too. I love the glossy finish. I am also thinking of getting no. 7 and 15 next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelnmum, ha ha great minds think alike, I totally want more of these they are so good. Let's see who buys them first ;)

      Delete
    2. If you are travelling it is cheaper to get them from airport duty free stores! I passed them initially as they cost 50 AUD each when I first swatched these at Myer. I waited and got it for 2900JPY from Narita. :-)

      Delete
    3. I just can't believe how expensive Aussie prices are. I love DFS shopping, I literally go crazy and stock up on stuff

      Delete
  2. Ah, Corail Fauve is sooo pretty! Good to know that they disappear in a good manner! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anna, it leaves a pretty subtle stain behind.

      Delete
  3. Both shades are so lovely! :) I bet after the gloss is gone, there will be a very nice pretty stain on your lip :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best part is, it is easy to remove and non drying.

      Delete
  4. Both shades are very lovely though Corail Fauve is what I'd go for if I were to choose just one between the two. The Orange shade seems perfect for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love juicy orange shades although they aren't as office friendly. I reach out for Corail Fauve more often.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jac, corail fauve looks good on you :) lovely post as usual xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, Meryl thanks sweeties, you must try!

      Delete
  6. U lucky gal to managed to get your hands on these beauty! How did you managed to order through Amazon Sephora?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon Sephora accepts international credit cards so I have been buying stuff there, unfortunately you do not get to enjoy the discounts.

      Delete
  7. they look awesome on you! I swatched them in Europe, they were about 23eu at duty free.. I passed on them as I'm still not very into lip colours..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh this looks wonderful! I have swatched some colors on the back of my hand, but I'm still looking for one (or more) that I'd really like to own! Thanks for the swatch/review Jacqueline :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. both shade are great...but i like the orange de chine more.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reyahs, thanks for popping by. Orange looks very juicy right ;) I actually reach for Corail Fauve because it is more work friendly but I love using Orange de Chine for the weekends, so summery.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.