Friday, April 27, 2012

Suqqu Spring 2012 (11) Himesango Eye Shadow Palette




I literally hyperventilated when I saw the Suqqu Spring Collection, especially the blushes. I have not tried any Suqqu blushes and was dying to try one. Unfortunately, Suqqu is very hard to get to especially when you are in Singapore. You can buy it from Selfridges online or get them at Bangkok or Japan. I just did not have the energy to order online as I have not ordered from Selfridges before.

The Spring 2012 collection features 3 Nuancing Cheeks, 3 Color Blend Eye shadow, 1 Bright Veil Face Color and 2 Creamy Glow Moist Lipsticks. You can see the pictures and read on more details here.

I was lucky enough to score the Himesango palette and I paid SGD $100 for it.

Suqqu make up are a luxury, period, I am not even going to bother to try and justify paying so much for an eye palette. Let''s just say I have a weakness for Suqqu.







Suqqu eye shadow palettes come with very nice felt pouch and a classy sleek black plastic casing. It is a shiny black casing that feels sturdy not flimsy. It is slightly different from my Usuchaori palette which has a smattering of gold dust pattern on it.






















All the shadows are creamy and buttery smooth especially the matte which I use all over my eye lids. It instantly brightens up my eyes. You would think that my favourite shade would be the pretty shimmery taupe  but it is not! I love the pinky peach shade which just glows on my lids. Suqqu eye shadows are long lasting and one of the best around, need I say more?

Did I mention that the teensy weensy applicators are actually very soft and useful?

Here I have my other Suqqu palette Usuchaori up for comparison swatches.

Left to right: Himesango and Usuchaori






To my eyes Usuchaori is a tad warmer than Himesango. 


Himesango is a luxurious addition to my ever growing neutral eye shadow collection. I love it in a big way. 


Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

21 comments:

  1. Ooh! Suqqu is on my dream wish list. I've heard their mattes are heavenly. I'm happy for you. :) will you do an EOTD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course BooBoo, I am trying to get some free time to do an EOTD. I will probably do one today and post it later. Stay tuned. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Miaka, since we stay so close, anything you want to play with them, you just holler okay :)

      Delete
  3. That is so pretty, I might have to get that one at some point. I really am liking my #10 Kozuecha, the colours just blend so well with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replica, I am lusting over your Kozuecha palette. I really like to peach shade in your palette. Would you say that both palettes look quite similar except for the light and shimmery shade. If only can get my hands on the blush. I am still a little hesitant.

      Delete
    2. Hi,
      I think the shades are slightly similar but not enough to avoid getting both,yours leans more cool overall as well I'd say :)

      Delete
  4. ah Suqqu! love their texture and finish. They are really good :)
    what other brand would you say that have similar texture with Suqqu eyeshadow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meryl, well I would say my Burberry shadows can kinda match up to Suqqu in terms of the texture and long lasting qualities.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful pictures! These shades look lovely on your skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate thank you for stopping by my blog, I am a big fan. :)

      Delete
  6. I've read great reviews about Suqqu products, and I've got to check them out as soon as I can! These are definitely colors I would get a lot of use out of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must Sunny, Suqqu eye shadows are to die for.

      Delete
  7. Love that photo! No Suqqu in Canada! Jacqueline, you seem to like pink, rose shadows? My mom just bought me Burberry's Pale Rose, Tea Rose and Antique Rose eyeshadows, after being lured by their great GWP. Anyhow, I didn't try any of the shadows on. I'm not sure to keep them or exchange them. I always thought and have read that eyeshadows w/ pink, rose, mauves don't go well with asian skin that have strong yellow undertones? I'm about a NC20-25. Please advise? Thanks, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by. In fact I have both Tea Rose and Antique Rose. You can see the swatches and an eye look I did here.

      http://mybeautyhoard.blogspot.com/2011/11/burberry-sheer-eyeshadow-no-10-antique.html

      I am not sure about you but I love rose shades, for pinks so long as I stay away from bubble gum pink shades I'm quite alright. I do make sure I line my eyes with either a dark plummy eye liner and a black one.

      You can use Tea Rose lightly dusted all over you lids, apply Pale Rose sheerly as a brow highlight and use Antique Rose on the outer corner of your eyes. Use a dark pum shade to line your eyes.

      I hope I have helped.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that's very helpful, thank you! I always look forward to your great posts :)

      Delete
    3. I hope you will be able to make all the shades work for you. Your mom is very nice to have picked up makeup for you. Alternatively you can always go back to the counter and ask the MA there how they would suggest you wear the shades.

      Delete
  8. love Suqqu! I wanted the cheek colours from the spring collection, but simply couldn't bring myself to get them.. now I hate myself for missing out.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna I have been lusting over the cheek colours too.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.