Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Play Date!


Hi everyone! I hope you had a lovely Sunday like I did. I had a play date with my makeup partner in crime Jolyn from Iariae at the fabulous Chanel store at Ion Orchard. Our favourite SA of all time Quiling showed me how to use the limited edition Chanel Ombres Matelassées 51, Montaigne palette which Jolyn has been raving about. I literally oohed and aahed when I saw the gold infused shimmer in the colours. The online swatches do not do it justice!

Quiling gave me a beautiful makeover with a smokey eye. I was so excited about the makeover that I forgot to take pictures of all the products she used on me, so sorry! I promise to take good pictures of the palette and everything I bought plus the tonnes of samples I scored. 

Finished look!

Some of the products she used:
Le Blanc Sheer Illuminating Base 
(gorgeous texture with a brightening effect, I bought this!)
Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in B40
Correcteur Perfection concealer
Poudre Universelle Libre
Joues Contraste in Candy
Le Sourcil de Chanel Perfect Brows palette
Ombres D'eau in Source
Montaigne palette
Stylo Yeaux Waterproof Black Shimmer
Inimitable Waterproof mascara
Hydramax lip balm
Rouge Allure Velvet La Furtive 
(never thought I would love this nude shade but I do, bought this too!)
Rouge Coco Shine Candeur




Pictures all taken with my Iphone so I apologise for the bad quality. Anyway I really love what Quiling did, she went from the darkest shade to the lightest for my brow highlights. The pictures do not do her talented work any justice. 

My partner in crime!


My haul is in the bigger Chanel bag. I bought the Montaigne palette, the Sheer Illuminating Base, Rouge Allure Velvet La Furtive and Le Blanc Brightening Foam Cleanser. Pictures of them soon I promise. Oops I forgot to take a picture of what I bought at Sephora. Never mind, that will be another post I promise.

We can't have a proper play date without bring our 'toys' to play with right? So while at NYDC we decided to take out our collective loot that we brought for each other to play with and take pictures of all of them. Thankfully the cafe was quiet at 5 p.m. so the stares of the few remaining patrons did not faze us. 


Let me know if you want to know what the items are. On the table we have Le Metier de Beaute, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Suqqu and Chantecaille.



I am in love with Le Metier de Beaute's Corinthian eye shadow. Jolyn was raving about this little baby and I now understand why. Can I take this home with me please?



I can't find a better way to spend my Sunday afternoon! 

Check out Jolyn's version of today's event here.

17 comments:

  1. Eeee gosh, LOOK AT YOU AND YOUR HAUL!!! Both of you are GORGEOUS and now I want EVERYTHING grrr

    You're right. I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny, just to clarify what was on the table was what we bought some time ago. I would love to put those on the bed and roll around with them! Thanks for your compliments dear.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! I wanna see your Chanel hauls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloh beautiful, you can have my Corinthian so long you leave behind your SUQQU #11! I so do not need anymore temptations eh?!

    And I hope you enjoyed today's play date as much as I did! I wished we could have more time, would be great to squeeze in a visit to Burberry and Guerlain. You know la, time flies and is never enough!

    Looking forward to your proper post on Montaigne and the tips Qiuling gave during your session, hehe.

    Love,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacq, where do u order your Suqqu palettes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miaka, I was lucky to have very kind ladies pick them up for me while they were in Japan, I have Suqqu angels!

      Delete
  5. [REPLY]
    Yes, it´s very pretty, and very fun to play with! ^^

    Oh gosh, that must be the best way spending a Sunday EVER! Right now I´m so jealous.. I want to do a Chanel Haul toooo... Please do swatches and review on them products you brought home :)

    and oh, I see you live in Singapore, do you mind me asking you for some tips later? I´m going there in June and im superexcited! :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muss Delirium you are visiting Sungapore soon? That is lovely! Please email me at mjacqueline@hotmail.com if you have any questions, I would love to help.

      Delete
  6. oooh you guys are so pretty! and the products look so tempting! i can't think of a better way to spend a sunday afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Emmy Jean, you are very kind, it was a very satisfying Sunday afternoon, I love shopping with a fellow makeup junkie.

      Delete
  7. Jacq, the Montaigne palette is so pretty on you. Do you think its worth getting? Its expensive esp in Sydney :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I checked out the online pictures and swatches I was a little meh about it but it is only when I saw it in real life that I understood what Jolyn was saying. All the shades except for the grey black has gold shimmers infused. The texture was very fine I would say pigmentation is medium and can be layered on. I have not tested out wear time nor worn my new palette out yet. I am waiting for a Saturday when I am free and I have sunny skies to take better pictures so I am resisting wearing them. You can always get Meryl to get it for you and send it over. Aussie prices suck big time. It must be such a drag to have to pay such exorbitant prices.

      Delete
    2. I think I pass this palette, gold shimmers not really my cup of tea hehe and also I want to try LMDB and Suqqu eyeshadows so badly! and yeah Aussies prices are so overpriced, I can't imagine if I live in SG :p

      Delete
    3. LMDB and Suqqu are eye shadows you must try. The trouble is having to select just one palette. But seriously their textures are amazing.

      Delete
  8. Great Chanel haul! Both of you look beautiful :) Nothing beats good ol' shopping with a girlfriend who completely understands all your needs and wants ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Eileen, yup to shop without guilt and judgement. I can't shop makeup with my other friends, I can't let go and buy whatever I want because I fel that they are judging my spending habits.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.