Sunday, April 15, 2012

Paper Self Lashes Small Peacock

Images taken from Paperself
I saw these at Sephora ages ago and had to pick them up just because. If I'm not mistaken these little guys are quite expensive, I think I paid about SGD $29 or USD $19 for them. There is a high chance I will never get to wear these out. It is hard to find the right occasion to wear them but I just couldn't resist, they are so cute.

There are many designs to choose from. Full sized and half sized paper lashes. The full sized ones like the ones on the model are probably too much for my small Asian eyes so I bought the last and prettiest pair of Small Peacock, the nicest ones available.





It says on the box that it should only be used once but if you are very very careful I think you can use it for more than that.


You see the straight line right at the bottom of the butterfly? That is where I placed my Duo glue. Then I pick it up with my tweezers and place it as close to my lash line as possible. 



I couldn't decide what kind of eye make up to go with it. I know it should not be a smoky eye because it would not emphasize the lashes. So I went for a neutral look with a heavy liner. On hind sight, I could have toned down the liner more.

What I used:


Urban Decay Primer Potion
Lancome Ombre Absolue Impact 3D in Noisette Lumiere 
(the lighter brown as a wash all over eyes and the white as a brow highlight)
Le Metier de Beaute Penelope Kaleidoscope Eye Kit 
(Bronze Topaz on the outer corners and Black Emerald for the bottom liner)
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack to line the eyes
MAC Penultimate Liner over Blactrack
Chanel Tokapi palette
(the gold color for the inner corner of my eyes)
Maybelline Volume Express mascara





What do you think of this? How can I improve this?

In order to remove it without spoiling it, I gently pulled it off. All I need to do is gently pull out the glue residue and it is as good as new.



There are many other pretty designs like the ones below.

Small Under the Sea

Small Peach Blossom
 Which is your favourite?

14 comments:

  1. The ones you picked out are too cute! I'd also thought the small ones would look pretty without being overwhelming. I think the look you did goes quite nicely with the lashes :) Given how pricey they are, I would try to re-use these as many times as possible too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emmy Jean aren't they the cutest? I still haven't found an appropriate occasion to wear them out. I will treat these babies well!

      Delete
  2. The half size lases is so............cu.....te.The lases design is rare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the under the sea ones looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of my favs too but they did not have it in stock, I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting some of these Jacqueline!!! I think the full-on ones are a bit more challenging (and really something I'd only wear for grand occasions haha), but these are actually very much wearable! I think I'll have to get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that that probably would not be able to carry the full ones because I have small eyes, you probably need wide set eyes to carry it off.

      Delete
  5. it's pretty! so dainty and cute. but i guess it's only used for parties and special occasions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Plue, I'm still waiting for that special occasion!

      Delete
  6. Hello! You can also find them at online beauty store www.luxola.com for SGD 28 only + FREE next day delivery in Singapore. We offer a FREE Duo Adhesive with each order (worth $13). Cheers, The Luxola Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a great deal, thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  7. i think they are only 10 dollars on sephora's website right now. I am so tempted, however if they are really only good for one use I am not sure If I want to buy them! Disappointed :(, because they're gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meadhbh, you know since I bought these and tried them out, that was the only time I used them, I still can't find an occasion to wear these out. You can wear them more than once if you are really careful when you remove them.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.