Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara Review



I have great experiences with Lancome mascaras. The last Lancome mascara I used was the Hypnose Precious Cells mascara. I love it a lot and when it was time to throw it away I decided to give the new Hypnose Doll Eyes mascara a try.


(Taken from Lancome USA website)

Benefits 

•Volumized, Extended, Lifted lashes

•Wide-Eye Effect

•Flirtatious lash fringe for a bold, curved and clump-free finish

•Precise, separated corner and bottom lashes


Technology 
•New unique cone-shaped brush for an extremely smooth application, perfect for hard-to-reach corner and bottom lashes
•Nylon bristles combined with the exclusive FiberShineTM formula to sculpt, curl and load every single lash


A new, unique, cone-shaped brush provides an extremely smooth and clean application, precisely defining even your hard-to-reach corners and lower lashes. Combined with the exclusively developed FiberShineTM formula, it sculpts, curls and loads each lash for the ultimate shiny lash fringe. Lift and thicken every single lash without weighing it down. Push up your lashes for your most flirty, wide open eye look.



The formula is quite wet so if I do not remove the excess, I will get clumpy lashes. I like the wand, it makes it really easy to get to all my puny lashes.  It coats every lash and lengthens it. Although it does volumize my lashes, I find my Lancome's Hypnose Precious Cells mascara doing a better job at it. 

There a a slight floral scent to the mascara. After application, I get a whiff of the scent once in a while. It doesn't bother me but I think for sensitive noses you might want to give this a miss.

My bare lashes

Clumpy lashes
One coat

Two coats
In a perfect world my lashes would like those in mascara ads but this is real life. I can't seem to keep my lashes mess free and behaving. They just do not want to cooperate.

Crazy lashes! On top of  Lancome Oscillation Power Booster  lash primer
I would say that Hypnose Dolly Eyes are good for ladies with already a little bit of oomph to their lashes. I like this as a everyday mascara but this mascara will not give me drama mama lashes. This mascara isn't waterproof either, I'm not sure why but for the last two days I have experienced slight smudging under my eyes, I have never had this experience with Precious Cells even though it is not water proof either. This mascara costs a bomb, it cost SGD $50. I think I would rather stick to my Hypnose Precious Cells mascara.



This is a picture of my reflection, I thought it would be a good idea to bring my mascara into the pool to take pictures. Silly huh?

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

19 comments:

  1. Great review :) I love the Doll Eyes formulation, it isn't as wet as others I've tried which I like. The scent is pretty strong, but I like it. I have pretty long lashes already so this works really well for me. Thanks for sharing, and I love the reflection shot! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emmabovary, I'm glad it works out for you.

      Delete
  2. I have the same problems with mascaras, and puny lashes hehe. (I think it's cause my mum is Japanese?) Have you ever used a dry fiber type product in between layers of mascara? My friend had a jar of something like that (it looked like fiberglass lol) a couple years ago and it's the only thing that's made me look like I have awesome natural looking lashes. But I haven't been able to find anything similar since!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EmmyJean, I heard of those, is it a mess to apply? Will it get into your eyes? My puny lashes love lash primers for that reason, it gives me extra oomph but when I get a chance I love wearing falsies.

      Delete
    2. The one time I tried it, I didn't have any problems with it getting in my eyes or making a mess. I want to love false lashes, but I just can't get the hang of it and end up messing up my liner or eyeshadow. I'm not very coordinated I guess :)

      Delete
    3. Emmy Jean, it took me ages to get a hang of it, I only managed to master it 2 years back. What you need is patience, an easy pair to play around and mess with (Ardell) and good glue.

      Delete
    4. Sorry to butt in. If you have access to the inexpensive brand Essence, then they had that pure fiber in a jar a while ago, and am sure they will bring it back in another limited edition.
      It certanily slows down the application of mascara, and there's a bit of fall off (but it's white and easy to clean up), and if you push it too close then it might disturb your eyes.
      However, you can go several layers without clumping and build up real false lashes!^^ ATM I'm thinking about trying 4 layers...

      Delete
    5. Thanks Mary, we might have Essence here but I will need to check it out. Anything for long wispy lashes.

      Delete
  3. Disappointing! Never had a bad experience with Lancome mascaras - using the hypnose drama mascara for months now (time to throw away, I know), and love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy you want to know a terrible secret? I kept my Hypnose Precious Cells for 9 months, I stopped using it already but still haven't had the heart to throw it away. I have committed mascara sin.

      Delete
    2. haha! which is why they call it precious.

      Delete
  4. I love the regular Lancome Hypnose (usually try to swap or buy samples), never tried any of the rest! They are pricey though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a good impression on Lancôme mascaras. I must try the regular Hypnose when I get the chance.

      Delete
  5. Jacqueline, I am currently using a Lancome Hypnôse mascara but not the doll eyes. So far I am satisfied with the product. Honestly I was tempted to buy this mascara, but after reading your review I am a bit reluctant to do so. My eyelashes are extremely short and I need something that can create a dramatic look. So I guess this one is not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick to the Hypnose Meryl, I am disappointed that it smudges more than anything but I guess the weather is rather humid lately.

      Delete
  6. nice idea.. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We almost have the same thin and barely-there eyelashes. I will buy this much-praised lancome hypnose to see if it is worth for a second purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetie, somehow I think a drugstore brand may work equally good, get the Precious Cells version it i much better IMHO.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.