Monday, April 2, 2012

Clarins UV Plus HP Ecran Multi-Protection Beige Review and Swatches



I found a satchet of the Clarins UV Plus HP in my Her World magazine and tore it out to use. I was surprised that it was beige in colour as I thought it was a normal sunscreen. Through the course of the three days that I used it, I liked it so much I decided to buy myself a full sized bottle. I just love samples don't you? You never know whether you will like something or not and samples prevents you from making costly mistakes.



I took this for my 4 days staycation where I knew I would be out in the sun swimming the entire 4 days.





UV Plus comes in a plastic squeeze bottle with a nozzle. I need to shake this quite vigorously before using. 







The colour is a light beige. It has a very light and liquid like consistency. When I first apply, my skin looks a shade lighter but through the course of the day I notice that the colour becomes my natural skin colour. It provides a very sheer coverage. It makes my skin look a tad more polished than usual. After a few hours I do notice a little shine around my t-zone.

Freshly applied
After a few hours

I paid SGD $74 for a bottle with 30 ml. My favourite sunscreen of all time Chanel UV Essentiel costs SGD $70 for 30 ml.

I have also been using this sans primer under my sheer foundations such a Burberry Sheer Foundation and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I must say I love it. It keeps my foundation fresh with minimum shine for at least 4 hours. It works equally well on my other liquid foundations. To combat the shine issue I apply a little of Dr. Young's Pore Eraser around my t zone just after applying Clarins and before foundation. 


After trying out Clarins with all my foundations, my best combination for a truly flawless finish I discovered is using Clarins with MUFE HD foundation. I simple love how good my skin looks.

My foundations apply and blend smoothly on top of Clarins and feels lightweight. My face becomes slightly oily after a few hours though. Using Clarins as a primer means I can skip an additional step of applying a separate primer, I love the convenience.


I'm wearing Clarins under Burberry Sheer Foundation
I wish the colour was a tad darker to better suit my skin tone. I can forsee that perhaps ladies that are darker than NC35 might find it more difficult to wear beige. You might want to use the transparent version instead. Ladies who have oil control issues will probably find that this may not help to control oil as well.


How does Clarins compare with Chanel? Well, it is slightly thicker in consistency than Chanel. Chanel applies matt whereas Clarins goes on slightly dewy.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I have this same Clarins sunblock in white (or transparent) and it doesnt leave any white cast at all. it's impressive for a sunblock with high SPF protection, the texture is watery and not thick. This is a definitely a worthwhile purchase, Jacq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miaka, I agree with you a hundred percent, looks like my HG unblock is ousted by Clarins.

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful blog and it really inspires me!:) Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura for your compliment. I followed too.

      Delete
  3. Hey Jacqueline, thanks for the review! I know this product is much raved-about, but I haven't got to try yet!I think it is very slightly lighter than your skin tone, but not noticeably so. Since I'm around NC30 at the moment (will probably be NC35 in summer), this is a product that might work for me! I'll look into it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, we have the same skin tone. :> Look out for samples, I think Clarins is quite generous giving this out.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.