Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sponsored post: Enavose FloraComfort Micellar Cleansing Water Review






I have been very blessed this year. Felicia from Enavose contacted me and asked if I would be interested in reviewing the FloraComfort Micellar Cleansing Water. I was particularly pleased to find out that they did not test on animals and after reading up on their philosophy and vision I was curious to know more.

Look at how thoughtfully they packaged my goodies. I was especially touched by the tag made just for me. Thank you so much Felicia!









Upon opening the box, I just had to sigh at how pretty it is. I showed it to DH who of course went huh? I wished I could have shared the moment with a woman would would understand why a beautiful package matters. In the box among the beautifully scented potpourri I found organic cotton pads and a bottle of the FloraComfort Micellar Cleansing Water.



A little bit about the company Enavose.

The Enavose Philosophy


(Taken from the Enavose website)

Ingredients with wisdom

The ancient wisdom of Mother Nature’s wondrous resources such as garden ingredients, traditional herbs, spices, pure glacial water and natural minerals have a rich heritage of efficacy. We use only the best and are committed to discovering new and pioneering botanicals that will create their own heritage as well. 



Wonders of technology

Nature’s wonders must rely on technology to be harnessed to its full potential. We always use forefront, cutting-edge technology to augment our ingredients’ efficacy so you reap the full benefits. 


Wellness totality
Skincare and body wellness are integrated elements, cultivated from the inside out to create an everlasting harmony that transcends time.

Multi-sensory experience
Our creations delight and stimulate the senses whilst elevating your mood, bringing a new level of positivity to your life

Beauty extends to our surroundings
Conservation, protection and sustainability are huge concerns to us. We do not harm the environment with our products and neither should you.


The Enavose Pledge

We at Enavose strongly believe in skincare with integrity.
Since up to 70% of what we put onto our skin is absorbed into the blood stream, we ensure our skincare is free from chemicals you would rather not have your body absorb. Enavose is always natural with high-performing actives that are absolutely cruelty-free. 



We have established five guiding principles that light the way for our skincare:

  • No parabens, SLES, mineral oil and allergenic fragrances
  • No animal testing
  • We use natural preservatives as much as possible
  •  All skincare are tested under dermatological supervision
  • We obtain ingredients and raw materials with species protection in mind
I brought it for my staycation and decided to take on location pictures!








The FloraComfort Micellar Cleansing Water comes with a pump. 




I used the organic cotton pads enclosed in my package for the first trial. As you can see, it is textured differently on both sides for better cleansing. This cleansing water couldn't have come at a better time. I just did a Brow Resurrection touch up and am not supposed to wet my brows for at least two weeks. I usually need to put on a sticky gooey mask over my brows to protect them when I cleanse my face. With this cleansing water I can avoid all that trouble. Yay!


I wore full face make up for my day 1 trial. So I expect that I would have a lot to clean.


I was very generous for the first time so I pumped about 4 times to soak the cotton pad. I pressed the cotton pad over my eye lid first to get rid of the eye shadow and liner. It was surprising how easy the MUFE Aqua Liner came off. Thumbs up for that.


I am a cheap skate! I used both sides thoroughly. I was a little worried that I did not get all the junk off so I soaked another pad to give my face another thorough cleansing.


My second cotton pad came away much cleaner. I used my Chanel Le Blanc toner with a cotton pad and the cotton pad came away clean. So I know I managed to get all the make up off.


Somewhat dishevelled yet thoroughly clean face.

I have been using the cleansing water almost everyday and this is what I discovered. I still need my regular eye make up remover to dissolve my eye make up. That is because I tend to bullet proof my eye make up to ensure that it lasts all day. That means using an eye primer and water proof mascara.

Surprising, my very tough to remove MUFE Aqua Liners dissolves very easily with the cleansing water. Go figure! (I tried using the cleansing water on a few other occasions to remove my Aqua Liner and found that it was no fluke, it removes Aqua Liners easily.)

I have to get over my mental barrier of not washing my face with my normal cleanser and water. It is just a feeling that I get that my face isn't clean enough if I do not use water. To test out, after using the cleansing water I toner my face with my regular toner. My cotton pad came away clean.

I typically pump five times to get my cotton pad soaked. Seems a little excessive but I think it is due to my regular cotton pad. In order not to waste product, it is best not to use super absorbent cotton pads. 

In order to make sure my make up is thoroughly cleaned I use another soaked cotton pad to remove the remaining traces.

I feel that the FloraComfort Micellar Cleansing Water works best for ladies who use minimal make up. Cleansing is a cinch especially when you want to save some time. This is also a great travel buddy, you save space by bringing one item instead of two. I took it for my four day staycation recently. I found it to be very convenient.

If you put on lots of make up, it is equally effective but you will need to use more product to ensure  all make up is removed thoroughly which I feel may not be as cost effective. I wear long wearing make up on my work days and in order to remove all traces I use quite a bit of product.

I'm not sure about using FloraComfort Micellar Cleansing Water solely and forgoing washing your face with your normal cleanser daily. I still feel that you need to wash your face.

I am so glad that FloraComfort Micellar Cleansing Water is not tested on animals. I am so for beauty for a conscious but sometimes I'm guilty of buying beauty products without checking whether they are tested on animals. (Hangs head in shame.) So I'm glad to know that there are companies out there who spare a thought for animals.

This usually cost SGD $45 but it is going for a song at SGD$29 for a 120 ml bottle which I think is a great deal.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

You can either buy Enavose products from counters or through their online store at www.enavose.com

There are two physical stores. 

Vivocity, Tangs Beauty Hall


Concept Store, Suntec City Mall, Tower 3, #02-078/081



There is a Facebook contest for those who like to win yourself a Enavose goodie hamper, good luck.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thank you for the introduction to this brand. The cleansing water sounds like something I'd def use :D I have been guilty to not check what companies trial things on animals. The most recent one I've heard was from Estee Lauder :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I get so excited I just buy without checking. The Cleansing Water is something great to tote around.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.