Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sponsored post: Baby Quasar Red Skin Rejuvenating System with Sequepulse Review





I was contacted by a representative from Baby Quasar Red a few months ago. The rep asked whether I would be interested to review Baby Quasar. I did what a good little beauty blogger would do, I googled for reviews and came up mixed reviews. I also googled for more information about Baby Quasar. It sounded promising so I said why the heck not! Anyway the rep was very generous to express mail it to me and within a week I was an owner of a Baby Q. Thank you so much Paul!




So you know, I am going to be keeping a mini diary of my usage of the Baby Quasar.

14th January 2012

I was so excited to receive it. Along with the products I was given more product information, a training manual and a FAQ. I gobbled up the information because I was eager to give it a go.

When I saw the plug I was like huh? DH the useful techie hubby that he is, promptly pulled out an adaptor from out of nowhere and I was happily on my way to test it out. 





When I switched it on, I had to make sure that the lights that were supposed to be red were all turned on and then I was good to go.

It has basically three modes of operation:
• Continuous Wave (CW non pulsed) for anti-inflammatory and healing purposes
• Low Pulse Frequency for anti-ageing purposes for people with sensitive skin
• High Pulse Frequency for anti-ageing purposes for people with normal skin

For my first time use, I went to the Continuous Wave mode and tested it on my thigh for 4 minutes. After making sure that my thigh was okay I decided to use it on my face.

After cleansing my face and applying my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum and my Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream I settled down to start my treatment. First I had to clean the head with a little water on a cotton pad.




The button!
I decided to use the Continuous Wave mode as I had an itchy bump on my right cheek for about a day. The procedure took a total of 24 minutes so I settled to watch a show while doing the treatment. I basically divided my face into 6 sections like so.


Ha! Not going to show you my naked face!
I move the wand slowly on my face putting slight pressure, after 4 minutes, there is a long beep that tells me to move on to the next part of my face. It was a warm sensation on my face while the instrument  feel warm too as I was holding it.


I do not see immediate changes to my skin. It was a pleasant experience but somewhat long. Total of 24 minutes. So I will try to make sure my next session will be after work where I have some down time to watch a show at home and do my treatment at the same time.


15th January 2012


That itchy bump on my cheek looks less red and smaller, I don't feel the need to scratch it. I'm not sure if it is the Baby Q or just part of the natural healing process but I do remember focussing more on that bump when using the Baby Q the night before.

24th January 2012

I have switched to Mode 3 which is the anti-ageing mode. I realise that I was suppose to apply moisturiser after treatment instead of before. Since the anti-ageing mode is 2 minutes per section of my face, I needed to do the cycle of 6 sections of my face twice instead of one. My face looks a little more firm and smoother but my sun spots are still there, they have not faded. 

29th January 2012



The dreaded pimple!
Oops I realise I did not take any before shots before using the Baby Quasar, my bad. Anyway this is how my face looks like without foundation and concealer. It used to be much worse so I'm actually quite happy with how my skin is faring these days. Lots of hyper pigmentation / sun spots. My pores are thankfully manageable. I still have slightly oily skin. These photos are taken 3 hours after I have washed and cleansed my face and getting ready for the Baby Quasar. For today I used the healing mode because a pimple just popped out. I'll let you know how long it takes before it is cleared.


4th February 2012

It has been a hectic week so I did not have time to indulge in my Baby Q. Since it is a Saturday I thought I would pamper myself. After the last session that annoying pimple has subsided. Although I can still see a mark.






26th February 2012


The mark I have been talking about has disappeared. I have been sick for the last week so have not use the recommended three times a week. I'm lucky if I can get in one application these days.


8th March 2012
I apologise for the lack of updates. I am still recovering from a very bad cough, lost my voice! So everything just takes so much effort to do. I managed to exfoliate my face with my favourite Kiehl's Micro dermabrasion scrub. Then I used the Continuous Wave mode. Afterwards I just feel a sense of satisfaction that I have done something good for my skin.


For all of you who want to know more about the science behind Baby Q. Here goes. So you know I took all the information from the training manual and product information booklet.

Basically, Baby Quasar is a photo rejuvenation device that uses 4 wavelengths of natural light to help improve the condition of your skin.

What Does Red/Infrared Light Therapy Actually Do?

Increases Vascularity (circulation). 
By increasing the formation of new capillaries, additional blood vessels replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by supplying additional oxygen and nutrients needed for healing. In addition, light therapy increases vasodilation, which also improves blood flow to the skin and uptake of products used on the skin. 

Stimulate the Production of Collagen. 
By increasing collagen, we improve the appearance of skin making it look younger, smoother, more firm, supple, and healthier.
The human body gradually loses its ability to replace collagen as we age. By your 60's, the body may produce little or no collagen. The red/infrared treatment will stimulate collagen production but may take the body weeks and months to produce collagen. You will not see this effect on the first or second treatment. However, once it has been produced, the effects will be longer lasting thereby extending the time between maintenance treatments.


Stimulate the Release of ATP. 
ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to readily accept nutrients and expel waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. Food is converted into ATP before the cells utilize it. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell. By increasing ATP, we increase the activity level of the cells. In turn, this appears to stimulate the other effects such as increased circulation.

Increase Lymphatic System Activity. 
Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy.

Increase RNA and DNA Synthesis. 
This helps the body replace damaged cells more promptly.

Reduce the Excitability of Nerve Tissue. 
The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This requires the body to send positive ions, calcium among others, to flow to the area being treated. These ions assist in regulating the nerves, thereby relieving pain. While this benefit may not be used in cosmetic applications, you may choose to offer pain relief as part of relaxing stiff muscles and massage.

Stimulate Fibroblastic Activity, Which Aids in the Repair Process. 
Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.


Anti-Aging (Red/Infrared Treatment with Baby Quasar)

Photo rejuvenation has numerous benefits for anti-aging treatment.

• Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
• Builds collagen.
• Increased circulation.
• Increases moisture retention.
• Increases oxygenation and restoration of skin's natural cellular activity, which keeps skin renewed and fresh.
• Increases lymphatic system drainage, which detoxifies the skin tissue.
• Softens scarring and rough texture.
• Smoothes out uneven pigmentation for more consistent coloration.
• Thickens and firms skin.
• Reduces pores.
• Promotes a healthy look.
• Increased radiance.

I have used Baby Quasar Red for more than two months now and can more or less give my review. I have not been able to use the recommended 3 times every week. Some weeks I manage to do 3 some weeks I manage to do 2. 


I don't think my uneven pigmentation has improved vastly, more like a slight improvement. My face looks slightly brighter. Unfortunately my sun spots are still there. Darn they are stubborn. 

My pores have never given me much of a problem so I do not notice them being smaller. I do like how bouncy and healthy my face looks. Even though I am sick and haven't gotten enough sleep my face still looks quite okay not haggard.




I look sleepy!
Few things to note, it is important that you cleanse your face before using Baby Q. I like to exfoliate with a scrub and then use the Continuous Wave mode (healing). It is important that you apply sunscreen if you happen to go outdoors after you have used the Baby Q.

As I have said before (my god I sound like a nag) healthy and beautiful skin is a many pronged approach, eating healthy, using the quality skincare that is right for your skin, resting and getting enough sleep and taking the time to pamper it. Baby Q is just the right pampering for my skin. It is like having a spa at home. 


Not that it matters but I haven't visited my beautician since last November. Not because I didn't need to but I just do not have 2 hours to spare lying down and doing nothing. Do you know that I never fall asleep at the beautician's and I'm always squirming around on my bed. I can't relax!


My at home spa now consists of alternating Baby Q, beauty masks and Chanel's Sublimage Mask when DS is not around. It saves me time and I get to multi-task. Can you believe I actually surf the net and Baby Q at the same time! I like that I only need to spend a maximum of 30 minutes for my face and be able to multi task at the same time. I'm the kind that can't sit still!

There are altogether 3 types of Baby Quasar available. Baby Quasar Red (mine) for anti-ageing, Baby Quasar Blue for acne and Baby Quasar MD (the suped up version of Red and Blue).


You can get it locally on http://skinstreet.com.sg/ . I also hear from the Baby Quasar representative that they will be looking into launching the Baby Quasar in Singapore soon. So exciting!


It costs SGD $530 at skinstreet,com. The price is comparable to what you might pay on line. Expensive right? Yup that is what I think too. But then I thought about the beauty spas who probably charge about $100 or more for each light therapy session then it doesn't seems that much considering how much use you get out of it. It is a pricey investment but if you have the moolah and perhaps someone else in the house you can share with it definitely more worth it.


Overall, I am very glad to have this is my beauty arsenal. 


Ratings: 3++ lipsticks 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline, it seems like an interesting product, almost gimmicky at first. But I suppose any medical form of light therapy (certain UV wavelengths) have actually shown proven benefits for psoriasis etc. I will still caution use of non-medical form of phototherapy (or the likes) because it may actually may make your skin more sensitive. Personally, I will err on the side of caution when I heard of any device that 'alters' or 'repairs' dna. Just my personal thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracy, thanks for your honest opinion. So far I haven't had sensitive skin issues so thank goodness. I'll be careful and check my skin and be on a watch out.

      Delete
  2. I find this quite an honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of the product. I also find your post very informative. Thanks for sharing so much information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Edneal, thanks for leaving me a comment. I'm glad you find it useful.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jacq! I'm glad that baby quasar has helped you on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, I just went to the beautician and she mentioned that my skin was better so I'm very glad to have this with me.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.