Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sleek Blush Review and Swatches


Lovely Elaine of Miss Elaine-nio fame, loaned me her Sleek blushes to play with. I have been wanting to try these but strangely have not been compelled to rush out and buy these. These have got a good reputation out in the blogosphere for the colours, pigmentation and wear time. So what a great opportunity to try these for myself without breaking my wallet. (Thanks Elaine!)



I have for you today Life's A Peach, Suede, Coral and Rose Gold for swatching.





It does not look like a coral, to me, more of a matte rust red brown colour.






Life's A Peach is just that a matte peach. Very nice!





Rose Gold is exactly what is says to be a rose gold shade with a gold sheen. This is a unique shade however if you have oily skin or big pores you may want to skip this because it may emphasize them.






Suede is a lovely contour shade, a matte beige brown leaning more to brown than beige.


:Left to right: Suede, Coral, Life's A Peach and Rose Gold
These babies are very pigmented. I would normally use my MAC 187 duo fiber brush or my Hakuhodo blush brush to pick up the right amount of pigment. You can go overboard if you are heavy handed. Make sure you use a very soft blush brush and gently dab.

They are long wearing but the snob in me notices that they aren't as soft texturally as my Chanel and Burberry blushes.

Life's a peach
Rose Gold
I had a hell of a time trying to take cheek swatches so I apologise for the less than stellar pictures. I applied these heavily so that they would show up.

Musicalhouses and A Little Obssessed have great arm swatches of many of the Sleek blush.




You can get these in Singapore, they cost SGD $14 for 8g of product and is carried by Luxola (I'm not affliated with them whatsoever.)

For a drug store brand, I think Sleek blush are pretty good. They are pigmented, long lasting and come in a variety of interesting shades. They aren't very fine in quality but for the price you pay, you get a lot of bang for your buck. If I have to nitpick it would be the clasp which for me was very hard to open. I had to struggle to open all four of the blush. Hey for $14 I think I can live with that.

Ratings: 3++ lipstick (Just because I am such a blush snob!)

12 comments:

  1. I think you look nicer in Life's a peach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meryl I think so too, I can't do to shimmery blush that's why Nars Orgasm and Benefit Coralista didn't work for me. That's why I love Chanel JCs so much.

      Delete
  2. LOL! Blush snob! *giggles

    Well for a drugstore brand, I must say they are pretty good and well pigmented. :p

    I specially like Suede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he what can I say, I'm spoiled by Chanel and Burberry. I definitely prefer the Sleek Matt blush rather than the shimmery ones.

      Delete
  3. haha blush snob! the blushes look great for a drugstore brand :D thanks for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pop thanks for 'popping' by ;) for me the packaging also matters as much as the quality of the blush. I know it's bad but I can't help it.

      Delete
  4. The blushes look good! I like the look of the blush trios, actually - love that there is less product because I'm sure I'd never get through using the regular sized ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I feel less guilty when I buy smaller pans. Make up companies should make smaller pans and charge cheaper.

      Delete
  5. I have rose gold and quite like, I think for their price they are very good but like you say they don't compare to high end blushers. I find my one really hard to open as well, so I'm glad its not just me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Replica, I bet Rose Gold must look great on your complexion. I found it difficult to open all the blushes so you are not the only one.

      Delete
  6. Haha, a blush snob!

    I've heard great things about them too, but I have also realized if one is used to high end or luxury items, drugstore products always leave something to be desired (which is fair considering the price)! With that said, I might not need these, because I own a bunch of Cargo/Tarte ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also heard of Tarte blushes and been wanting to try them but new luxe blushes keep getting in the way. Which is your fav Tarte blush?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.