Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base review and swatches



I am always searching for the best eye shadow primer. I have oily lids and teary eyes. I also like my eye shadows to stand out and be true to colour. When Elaine mentioned that she really liked the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base I jumped at the opportunity to get a tube for myself to try.

This costs USD $24, I paid about SGD$36 for it which I thought was a really good deal.


It comes with a doe foot applicator which I use to apply on my lids. Instead of using the brush to blend the primer onto my lids, I prefer to use my fingers instead. The packaging is reminiscent of the Urban Decay Primer Potion. There is no way I'll be able to get to the remaining product stuck  in the bottom of the tube. I don't think I can saw the tube either to get at the left over.



It is a creamy white which blends very easily into a transparent base.

Left to right: Burberry Antique Rose with Nars base and without base.
 The above swatches were freshly made.


Top and bottom: Without base and with base
After two hours later. After much rubbing against my t-shirt.

I have worn it almost everyday to test this out. My eye look stays put throughout the day, although it doesn't look like it was freshly applied after 10 hours it still looks very good. I did not experience any smudging at all. That makes it a winner for me.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. I've just bought this one as well and also a winner for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica, great right? I'm always happy to find a product that works great.

      Delete
  2. I got this recently too. :) It works better than TFSI. However, I have to wait 1-2 minutes for it to dry completely on my lids before I apply eyeshadow. Is it only me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not have to wait at all, how about you Monica?

      Delete
    2. Same with you Jacqueline, I did not have to wait, maybe it depends on how much you used?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Performance wise yes but I still prefer the squeeze tube packaging of TF.

      Delete
  4. Wow I love how it intensifies the colour! Is it sticky when applied and is it easy to blend colours over? I had a brief dalliance with TFSI but eventually went over permanently to UDPP, which I find is drier and thus works better for my slightly oily eyelids. Now that they've improved the UDPP packaging to a squeeze tube, I have no more complaints :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks really impressive! I have resist and try finishing my 4 tubes of urban decay primer potion before getting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow you bought 4 tubes at one shot. That is probably going to last you a long time. I'm not faithful when it comes to products so I love to experiment. I rarely buy backups.

      Delete
  6. I bought them in sin, eden, original, and greed during their online sale. btw, i have received the tigerlily lipbalm, thanks alot for the goodies too babe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Sin too but I realized I reach the Original version more. I hope you will enjoy Tigerlily.

      Delete
  7. You know what I want now? Burberry Antique Rose lol

    I've been very faithful to the original UDPP since I received a little bottle with my Naked Palette. I have repurchased a couple of times since and I really like the new tube packaging! It does what a primer is supposed to do for me, so I don't think I'll ever stop using that! I'm glad this one works for you! I know that Christine from Temtalia.com swears by this, because UDPP doesn't work for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, I've been a long timeline faithful user of UDPP but just got sick of their packaging. I'm glad they listened to consumers and changed their packaging. Who knows one day I may make my way to it again.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.