Wednesday, February 1, 2012

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre No. 109 Corail Dor and No. 113 Rose Parisien Swatches and Reviews


Did I mention I am a major lipstick whore? I have a major hoarder's disease when it comes to luxe lipsticks. I was smitten by my virgin YSL lipstick purchase, the Rouge Pur Couture (check out my review of Rose Dahlia here). So in order to maximise my YSL haul, I decided to pick another two from the latest Golden Lustre range. The main difference between to normal Rouge Pur Coutures and the Golden Lustre ones are the infusion of subtle golden shimmer. You have to checkout Makeup Never Sleeps hilarious video and swatches and Best Things In Beauty's swatches.





I love the blockish gold casing signature of all of YSL's packaging. I don't care if they attract finger prints, who cares when they are so good!

I'll be honest, when I opened them up for a look, I was going oh no! They are quite light colours so I was worried they would not look good on me. I was happily wrong.




Check out the subtle glimmer of gold!












They wear for about 4 to 5 hours. They are semi sheer. The formula is creamy and moisturising. It does not slip and slide and adheres well to my lips for a lightweight feel. Even though there are gold shimmers, I do not feel them at all. The golden shimmers makes my lips look fuller if that is possible. They are also very forgiving, my lips do not peel after removing them.

These sell for USD $30. I am so glad I got them at a discount.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

2 comments:

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.