Friday, February 10, 2012

YSL Blush Radiance Matt and Satin Blush No. 6 Swatches and Reviews



(Information taken from YSL website)

Dress cheeks in a sensual flush of color with this ultra-chic compact that seamlessly blends matte and iridescent textures to create a shimmery, lit-from-within look. Incredibly versatile, this blush colors, contours and highlights to create any effect—from natural to glamorous. The beautifully bendable formula contains Self-adapting Pigments that capture and transform light’s intensity into a vibrant color source that complements any complexion. Remarkably silky texture blends beautifully for buildable, custom color.

I first laid eyes on the YSL Blush Radiance on Joey's blog at Joey's Space. I could not resist the 4 squares of colour so when I hauled from YSL's F&F I knew I had to pick up some. I also had my eyes on No. 2 but it was not meant to be I guess. It was out of stock. 



Blush Radiance comes in a plush velvet pouch. There is a little space within the pouch that holds the itsy bitsy blush brush. I personally find the brush useless although it is soft. I find the handle too short to use it properly.













The lighter squares are more matt whereas the darker squares have a satiny texture. When mixed, they are more matt than satiny. No. 6 is a bright pink rose shade that brightens up my complexion. It is pigmented so I use my soft Hakuhodo blush brush to apply. It lasts the whole day without reapplication.












Isn' it tiny as compared to my Burberry Light Glow blush? YSL has 4g of product the same as Chanel's JC whereas Burberry has a good 7g of product.

YSL Blush Radiance sells for USD$45 whereas Burberry sells for USD $42 and Chanel for USD $43. I'm glad I bought it as a discount for USD $36 or SGD $47. 

Would I pay full price for another one? I am not sure. I love the colour and the texture, perhaps if I could get a good look at a No. 2 swatch my heart might be swayed.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. Smaller than Burberry but still a gorgeous shade especially on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking to get this blush as well but the packaging is not attractive enough for me. however it's a relieve that I could pass on something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I have this too.
    Though I was slightly disappointed on how tiny it is.. the color is beautiful and texture is very fine & pigmented. But, I don't think I will re-purchase it again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless they come up with a super duper peachy pink? ;) neither will I.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.