Friday, February 17, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters Swatches and Reviews




(Taken from Relvon website)

Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.


I don't think I need to introduce Revlon Lip Butters. They have basically taken the beauty blogosphere by storm just like the Loreal Infallibles and have probably inspired a lot of frantic hoarding and searching.

I was very lucky to have dear Luna buy these for me in the US, so some of the shades featured here may not be what you can get in Singapore. 


So pretty right?

I'll be honest, I am not totally in love with these. They felt very balmy on my arm swatches and I was literally gushing over them. Soft and balmy. Unfortunately the balminess did not translate to my lips. If I do not apply lip balm before application , these do not glide on well at all. They did not feel moisturising. Colour lasted for about 3 hours without food, I did not like reapplication because my lips turned flakey. I had to scrub off all the flakes before I could reapply and have it look nice again. I am disappointed.




Peach Parfiat is a pretty MLBB shade for me but as you can see it contains shimmers. They do not feel gritty but after food some of the shimmers tend to remain on my lips and honestly did not look very nice.




Sweet Tart is a baby pink on me. This has no shimmers at all so was much better.




I had high hopes for Tutti Fruiti because it is my kind of colour. It applied a tad bit uneven.





Candy Apple is a sheer red.






The sun came out on this lip swatch. This is a darker plummy pink.





My favourtite of the lot, Lollipop, it is a blue base dark pink with unfortunately shimmer.

I am frustrated with my lip swatches. The Lip Butters actually look much darker especially the dark pinks, I apologise for not being able to give you a true picture of how it looks like on my lips.


Left to right: Tutti Fruitti and Candy Apple


Left to right: Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, Raspberry Pie and Lollipop
Here are all the Lip Butters swatched together.

Left to right: Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, Raspberry Pie, Lollipop, Tutti Fruitti  and Candy Apple.
In my opinion, I don't think Revlon Lip Butters are worth the hype. I don't agree with what Relvon says on their site. My lips did not feel hydrated at all. They don't feel like true lip butters. They don't glide on my lips or feel cushiony and balmy.


Left to right: Revlon Tutti Fruitti, Dior Addict Fire and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Sari D'eau
These lipsticks cost me SGD$12.80. They cost SGD$15.90 at the local stores. The local stores carry only 8 out of the 20 shades available.

My final thoughts, please do take in consideration that I am a beauty snob, I like my lipsticks to be creamy, luxurious, hydrating and good for my lips. I will pick up my Chanel RCS and Dior Addict over these Lip Butters any time. I must admit that I like the colour section I picked and how they look on my lips. 

Revlon Lip Butters work better with a lip balm underneath and if you aren't going to wear it out for long periods of time. You should check them out and form your own opinion. 

Ratings: 1+ lipstick

5 comments:

  1. I thought I'm the only one who think there's nothing impressive abt the lip butters. Sugar Plum is anything but buttery on my lips. As you described... it doesn't glide on my lips and feel cushiony or balmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Nonno, After reading the mixed reviews I was hoping I will really like these Lip Butters. Sigh!

      Delete
  2. Aww :( Sorry to hear you didn't like them. I saw them briefly at a Watsons but haven't gotten to look at them properly, and now after some of these not so great reviews, I'm not sure whether to get them, especially since they aren't all that cheap. I did hear that they are not really moisturising, which isn't really a big factor for me. I'm more interested in glossy finish lipsticks. Candy Apple and Raspberry Pie look like nice shades though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Chanel Rouge Coco Shines are glossier in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. Perhaps fortunately for my wallet, I think I'm allergic to Chanel lip products. I'm definitely allergic to Rouge Allures and the Lacques. My favourite glossy type lipsticks so far are the discontinued MAC slimshines, which are really pigmented and reasonably moisturising to boot. I have like 7 shades.. used 1 up, and close to finishing another! /pats self on back

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.