Saturday, February 4, 2012

Maybelline Lasting Shine Gel Shadow BG-1 Swatches and Reviews


I was at Guardian near my place to pick up some essentials when I spied this at the Maybelline display area.  I have not read or heard about them so it got me curious. There were a total of 5 shades, brown, beige, lilac, baby pink and baby blue. There were unfortunately no testers out but I thought I would pick up the beige and give it a go. I don't quite remember the price but I think it was going for about SGD $17.





It comes in a little glass pot, very much like the glass pot for the gel eye liner. 




BG1 is a pale shimmery champagne shade. It is great as a overall colour and great as a base for loose pigments.






They are surprising long lasting, my work day ended without any smudging at all. I use my fingers to blend and I find that they blend very easily. It has a creamy and moussey texture.

I wanted to check out the brown shade about a week after I bought this little pot. Unfortunately they were all gone except for the baby pink and baby blue. 

This is a little gem of a find for me, thumbs up Maybelline.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks




I did a quick eye look just a while ago with BG1 as a base and thought I would add this to my post. I used a dark blue from my Shu Uemura palette and Urban Decay's 24/7 liners in Deviant (blue) and Yeyo (white).

2 comments:

  1. Wonder if they are the Maybelline Eye Tattoo eyeshadows that have been showing up all over the blogosphere but just repackaged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also thinking the same thing but they seem very different. The colours are so limited.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.