Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kate Make Up Base UV Swatches and Reviews



I was given this by the most generous Elaine to try a few weeks ago and I have been testing it with all my foundations to see how it would work with them.


It comes with a tapered nozzle to squeeze out the base.




It comes out white and when blended becomes almost transparent. It does leave a slightly whitish cast when I blend it over my face. It does not dry down to a total matt instead it gives a slight glowy finish. I tried it with my Lancome Teint Miracle foundation. It helps my foundation stay put throughout the day but it does leave my face slightly oily by the end of the day. 

On other foundations such as Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk and MUFE HD foundation I felt that the primer did well.  But under my Burberry Luminous Fluid foundation and my sample of Shiseido's Perfect Refining foundation, it did not perform that well. My foundation seem to sit on my face and it looked oily after two hours. I have not had such issues with my  Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer which works very well with all my foundations. 

I do love how convenient Kate Make Up Base is. Instead of putting on my Chanel sunblock and then a primer, it combines both into one. 

I would not reccomend this for oily skins and also not for darker skin tones because the whitish cast may look more obvious. I'm not sure how much it costs but being a Japanese drug store brand, it should not be that expensive. (Edited to add: Dear Elaine has informed me that Kate Make Up Base costs SGD $20.50.)

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. It's $20.50 and there's 15% off currently in Watsons. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.