Monday, February 6, 2012

Guerlain Meteorites Spring Collection 2012 Cruel Gardenia Swatches and Review



Who can resist a pretty piece of make up that holds the promise of shimmery iridescent goodness? When I saw promotion pictures of Guerlain's Spring 2012 collection, I knew this was the piece I had to have. Given how fast the Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous was sold out, I knew I had to get it quick.

I could have gotten it in Singapore but since I was getting quite a fair bit of make up from Nordstrom I thought I would pick it up when I saw it appearing in Nordstrom. I had a little panic attack. When I first saw it on Nordstrom I put it on my shopping list but had taken time to check out my items. Before I knew it, it was out of stock in a matter a two days. After that little scare, I stalked Nordstrom everyday until it came back in stock again and when it did I immediately checked it out.

I paid USD $67 which converts to about SGD $87. It is selling for SGD $88 at the counters. I am not sure if you can still find it in the counters but if you like highlighters, run and get it before it disappears.




Cruel Gardenia features a lovely plastic container with a twist up top. I was half expecting this to   be a compact like Laura Mercier. So this isn't very easy to tote around outside. I don't think I want to either. I am deathly afraid I will nick the lovely flower petals if I am not careful when I open or close the top.





Just look at it! Isn't it just too beautiful to use? Not! I immediately dived right in to swatch, I can't wait.



I totally agree with what almost every beauty blogger has said about Cruel Gardenia, it is a pretty pearlised pink highlighter.



Since I have Laura Mercier's Rose Rendezvous, I thought I would take it out for a comparison. Aren't they pretty side by side? As you can see, my Rose Rendezvous has seen quite a bit of action. I love it so.



These two are very different. RR is more of a champagne rose whereas CG is a pearly pink.

Cruel Gardenia is finely milled and blends well onto my skin. It gives a very nice glow that isn't too disco dolly. I wore it out for almost 10 hours and I could still see that the glow though faded was still there on my cheek bones.

It is a great highlighter to own in my opinion. It suits my skin tone without being too white. It does not emphasize my pores or make me look oily.

Cruel Gardenia on the tops of my cheek bones
For a soft diffused glow, use a soft fluffy brush to sweep all over your face. If you want a more obvious sheen, use a smaller denser brush to brush over your cheek bones and other areas you want to highlight and blend, blend, blend.

Whether you are a highlighter whore or a newbie at highlighters, this is a shade that is easy to use. 

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. Totally agreed with you..it's nice!!! But i think it's sold out in SG since i got my 2nd last piece from Tangs 2 wks ago...not too sure if they stock up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, LE makeup here sells like hotcakes. I'm glad I managed to get a hold of it. Thanks for the info!

      Delete
  2. Lovely to look at! But I'm not a highlighter fan so I'm only mildly disappointed I missed out on this =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go for colours so used to wonder what is the big fuss about highlighters. Now I can't go without wearing one.

      Delete
  3. Gasp! I am jealous! It's so beautiful to look at. A worthy collectible, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, Cruel Gardenia is definitely worth putting in anyone's collection.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad u got a hold of cruel gardenia. It is such a beautiful pink highlighter and it looks great on u! I love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristie, plus it is quite a big tub, it will take us ages to finish it.

      Delete
  5. I am mad over highlighters and I can't get enough of them. Cruel Gardenia is a great addition to one's stash! I love how it gives your cheeks a soft diffused sheen that isn't over the top. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eileen, which do you prefer? Powder or liquid highlighters?

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh. Jacqueline, your recent makeup hauls have been so drool-worthy. I've recently been hit with a dear longing for this highlighter. But the cost! I'm astonished I'm even considering Cruel Gardenia after hemming and hawing over the price of MAC Too Chic (my first highlighter and 2nd most expensive makeup product to date). Perhaps it's good it's sold out everywhere now.

    Please let me know if you ever have a blog sale. I want to be first in line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, I will put you first on my list although I have to say this is one piece I'm not getting tired of soon.

      Delete
  7. I'm open to your Edward Bess, and well...pretty much most of your other makeup delights!
    I keep trying to remind myself that I don't need the Guerlain because I don't wear much makeup. Then the little bad ninja on my other shoulder tells me that the subtlety of the Guerlain is precisely why I should hunt it Down. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.