Friday, January 6, 2012

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review and Swatches




I have finally got my hands on the Naked palette. I can't begin to tell you how long I have been wanting to own this palette. Finally I have it, I can see what is the big fuss about.

This palette costs SGD$78. Quite a big mark up as it costs USD $48. I don't care, I'm just happy to own it.

The eye shadow textures are so soft and smooth. Very highly pigmented. The best part if all the neutrals suit me to a T.

Left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked and Sidecar




I really love how Naked totally melts into my skin tone created a totally naked base for my eyes.

Left to right: Buck, Half Baked, Smog and Darkhorse




Left to right: Toasted, Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal




Creep and Gunmetal are the only two colours I felt were slightly inferior in pigmentation as compared to the rest. But I believe that once you apply an eye shadow base underneath or apply it wet, they will be amazing colours for smoky eyes.



The Naked palette comes with a deluxe size Primer Potion and a Good Karma eye shadow brush. The brush head feels soft and it is made of synthetic bristles. It does an okay job of picking up shadows and will give a soft look. I prefer to use my MAC 213 for pigment packed application.

I'm not a big fan of the velvet box in comes in. I feel that it will attract dust easily.




This is the neutral palette to own. The number of colours here will provide many variations of neutrals that will suit everyone. Urban Decay eye shadows are one of the best in terms of quality. This is a must buy in my opinion. 

I know that Naked 2 is out. Seriously I don't think I need that as well, although I must say that the packaging looks better. 

Ratings 5+ lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. Great swatches!

    I LOVE the Naked palette, it's like the only thing I reach for DAILY because Buck/Naked are the best shades for defining the crease and works well for nose/facial contouring too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Prettyseafle, I did not know that it can be used for contouring, thanks for the idea, I'll have to try it out. I'm still a contouring noob. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.