Friday, January 27, 2012

The Noob way of applying bronzer

Dear Rachel wanted to know how to apply bronzer. I am far from being the best person to teach but I will show you how I do it. If I am doing it wrong, please let me know. I am always happy to learn.



The most important thing about applying bronzers is choosing the right shade for your skin tone. Choose bronzers that are more brown/beige than orange. I prefer matt shades because I find that they are more forgiving and won't make you oily looking. My current go to bronzer is Edward Bess' bronzer in Day Dream which applies like a dream. You can also use a face powder that is 2 to 3 shades darker than your skin tone.

Silly fishy face ahead!
I suck in my cheeks and naturally the cheek bones kinda pop out and I see this line from near my ear to my lip. That is where I place my bronzer. From just above my ear lobe outwards along the line.




You can use a contouring brush or a normal blush brush. I use my Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour. I am not loving this brush although it does it job quite well. It sheds and still has that goat smell.

I dip my brush into the pan and shake off the excess. From near my ear area I blend along that line one quarter to my lips. (Do I make sense???) Anyway, it is really hard to take pictures and blend at the same time.



So I keep blending to blur the obvious line. I blend it a little upwards.



I hope it is obvious to you but my cheek bones look a little more defined. Finally I add blush on the apples of my cheeks.


Tada! My bronzer and my blush working together to give me a more defined cheek.

Here is the professional way of applying bronzer. Edward Bess looks prettier than I am!




Sophia from The Make-Up Blogette did a very useful post on blush, contour and highlight, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.