Wednesday, January 11, 2012

L'oreal La Couleur Infallible Eye shadow in 023 Black Onyx and 021 Sahara Treasure Swatches and Review


I could not resist picking these two up after swatching them the second time at Sasa. This time around I bought Black Onyx and Sahara Treasure. You can read about my first purchase of Emerald Lame and Goldmine here.




Sahara Treasure




Black Onyx







Black Onyx is actually more dark grey than black. It is very sparkly. Sahara Treasure is a metallic taupe brown.



Top to bottom: Loreal Black Onyx and Chanel Mirifique
I took out my Chanel Mirifique for a comparison. They are totally different. Mirique is a sparkly black whereas Black Onyx is a dark grey with sparkles. 





The above eye look I did without any primers. Excuse the unkempt eye brows. I used Burberry Porcelain as a base and use a sponge applicator to apply Sahara Treasure over my lids up to my crease. I lined it with Kate Gel Liner in Black and went over it with MAC Penultimate Eye Liner in Rapid Black.






On the other eye I did a Black Onyx look. Burberry Porcelain as a base. Black Onyx up to my crease. I realise that Black Onyx is sheerer that Sahara Treasure. I used Gunmetal from my Naked palette for the outer corner of my eyes, Creep for my outer v and Buck for contouring.

Ratings: Sahara Treasure 4 lipsticks
Ratings: Black Onyx 3+ lipsticks (I wish Black Onyx was more black than grey)

3 comments:

  1. Black Onyx is really sheer. I tried to do a smokey black look with it but was sorely disappointed. This color is great as an outer V accent but not so fab as all over colour :( But the shimmers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the color black onyx still available? I live in the US and want it so bad. How can I get my hands on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Infallibles are very popular in Singapore, I don't think there are more left. I will help you to check when I pop by a drugstore.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.