Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai!





Chinatown last Sunday!
Dear readers I wish all of you a Happy Chinese New Year!



My family started the day early. Since last year we decided to go traditional so hence the traditional clothes. If you remember last year, we are still wearing the same old things. I buy clothes when I see something I like, it is not a tradition of mine to buy New Year's clothes.



We had eggs and toast at Toast Box before heading to my in laws and then my mom's.



That is my mom. Did I tell you she makes the most fantastic mutton rendang ever? Yum!

I took the opportunity to try out one of Elaine's gifts.




Although the lash band feels heavier than my Ardell's, they are still very comfortable to wear. It is more dramatic than what I am used to but hey I'm out visiting I have good reason! Thanks dear!


Face:
Kate Make Up Base (to be reviewed soon!)
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks
YSL Creme De Blush Fuchsia Temptation (to be reviewed soon!)

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Pale Barley (to be reviewed soon!), Rosewood and Porcelain.
Lunsol Eye Pencil in Black (to be reviewed soon!)
All Belle Lashes D2122

Lips:
Burberry Lip Cover Primrose Hill Pink (to be reviewed soon!)




11 comments:

  1. Happy CNY Jacqueline! Please review those products soon, your eyeliner looks fab :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rena, Happy CNY to you too. You like the Lunasol eye pencil that I'm using? Oh yes, plenty of reviews coming soon! I have to try and test out everything. :)

      Delete
  2. Also, need to thank you as I bought the Shiseido foundation brush and it works really well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are loving it. You are lucky! It is totally sold out in Singapore, I can't find it any more.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jacqueline, I am not sure where to post this, remember how I was asking lots of questions about foundations? I think my search for the perfect foundation is over!

      http://www.maquillage.shiseido.com/my/base/newitems/foundation/item86.html

      This Maquillage foundation gives good coverage, goes on smoothly and surprisingly last longer in this humid KL weather!

      x

      Rena

      Delete
    3. I just had a look at the site, looks good, I'll go check out the reviews. So which shade did you choose for yourself? Was it a good match?

      Delete
    4. Hi Jacqueline, the SA chose OC10 for me and we didnt even try it on my face. The shade is perfect :)
      x
      Rena

      Delete
    5. I'll probably suit OC30 hm.... you are making me very curious about it.

      Delete
    6. Give it a go! It is good for my oily/dehyrated skin and I dont really need to use a primer with this foundation. Hope you will like it! :)
      Rena

      Delete
  3. Hi Jacq,
    Glad you are liking the lashes.
    Happy New year to you & your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them Elaine, thanks so much, the Lunasol makeup base and eye pencil is good! I've been using them these few days.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.