Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Edward Bess Quad Royale in South of France and Summer in Capri Swatches and Reviews



I have been a total highlighting hoarder lately. It must be something about the promise an ethereal glow that keeps me buying the next new highlighter. 

I couldn't resist getting both. The Beauty Look Book has reviews of the South of France and Summer in Capri. Blushing Noir also has gorgeous swatches of Summer in Capri here.   From the swatches I could tell that they were different enough to justify getting both.





South of France is a quartet of pearly off white colours.

 







It was such a challenge to capture all the glowy shades. When blended together, it gives a beige glow. It isn't as pigmented as my favourite Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous but it can be layered. I would say it gives a more subtle glow than LM and is more suitable for day use.

I find both South of France and Summer in Capri to be powdery. When I sweep the given brush over the quartet of colours, a fair bit of powder gets kicked up.

Powder residue all over the pan





Summer in Capri features a pale peach shade and muted beige brown shades. 




It gives more colour than South of France for sure.

As compared to my favourite Chanel Bronze Corail, Summer in Capri is more muted and acts more like a highlighter with more colour. For fair ladies, I bet it will warm up your cheeks and can double up as a light blush.



The Quad Royales have finely milled powder and blend well into my skin. They are sheer but can be layered to desired effect. I find that their suit fairer skin tones rather than darker ones. They cost 28.50 pounds each. I paid 23.75 pounds which comes up SGD $47.


Quad Royales have the same packaging as the Ultra Luminous Bronzer that I bought. It is slim, sleek and has sturdy black plastic. I like!

These are nice highlighters. Obviously they can't compare with the pretty highlighters out there but they do a great job giving me a soft subtle glow. They are well made and of good quality. They don't emphasize my pores too.

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Summer in Capri looks beautiful and will give a nice glow. FOTD, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew.. lucky I havent caught the highlighter/bronzer bug.. but Summer in Capri does look pretty good =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving how Summer in Capri looks layered over my cream blushes. Very nice, staying power is good too.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of both of those and think they should work well on my pale skin, thanks for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Replica, thanks for your comment, I agree these two will look very good on fairer skins.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.