Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bliss Blood Orange + White Pepper Body Butter Review


I have been meaning to write a review about this body butter for ages, so here goes.

My long time favourite has been Kiehl's Creme de Corps Body Lotion. They also came out with the Creme de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Butter which I bought last year to try. You can find my review of it here. I found it to be a little too rich for my tastes, it would be better for people with dry skin. Anyway, I finally used it up. I do not like buying Kiehls from the local stores because I know I'm paying more than it actually costs, the mark up in Singapore is really high. I usually buy from Nordstrom and stock up on my Kiehl's products. I didn't put in a order because I didn't have many things I needed from Keihl's so I decided to hunt around for another brand to try.

I remembered being given a sample tube of Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter so I dug it out and gave it a try. I love the refreshing scent (one thing lacking it Creme de Corps) and I loved how easily it was absorbed into my skin. So I went to Sephora to check out the prices before buying it. It costs USD $28 for the 200 ml bottle, for the life of me I forgot the price I paid in Singapore. I do remember that the mark up was quite reasonable which was the reason why I had no qualms about picking it up at Sephora. It was between SGD$35-$40 if I'm not mistaken. I will go check it out again and update you on it.

I liked the lemon and sage scent but I wanted to try something different too. There are three different scents, Vanilla + Bergamot, Blood Orange + White Pepper and Lemon + Sage. Vanilla + Bergamot smelled good but it was a little too sweet for me, I picked up Blood Orange + White Pepper because I love the orange scent with the spicy pepper.




I'm very generous with my body lotions. I love to slather them on.


Body Butter just rubbed onto skin

A few seconds later, it is absorbed
Anyway a quick comparison between prices of Kiehl's Light Weight Body Lotion sells for USD $22 for 250 ml and the Bliss Body Butter sells for USD $28 for 200 ml. Kiehl's is more value for money. Still, if I'm not ordering from Nordstrom I would continue to pick this up at Sephora. 

Anyway, I checked out the Blissworld website. They seem to have great promotions and they are selling a set of 2 body butters at USD $49 from the usual $56. It is quite a good deal. I am not sure though if the site accepts international credit cards so you will have to try and let me know!

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. I remember using a Bliss handcream and it smelled like lemons. haha Have you tried Philosophy's body lotions? I am currently using Philosophy's Apricots and Cream lotion which I feel isnt too rich or too light. And the scent is really fruity. So I really like it. But after I finish that up, I will make sure to try the Bliss one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Popcorn, I'll be sure to try the Philosophy one. Can I get it in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.