Thursday, December 22, 2011

Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous Face Illuminator Swatches and Review




I'm not a big highlighter fiend per se but I'm going crazy over the beautiful holiday highlighters that have been popping up. 

Makeup Never Sleeps was raving on and on about this particular highlighter that I just had to have it. By the way, she does really informative and hilarious videos of her hauls and reviews. You got to check it out.


I was lucky to have a colleague who was holidaying in the US. She was very nice to pick it up for me.

Ingredients list


Laura Mercier comes in a dark brown case, nothing fancy about it but it is sturdy and compact enough to carry it around.





What is inside is truly gorgeous. Isn't it just to die for? As usual, I dived right in and swatched it.


I used my MAC 129 SH blush brush to do a light swatch on the left and on the right I did a finger swatch. It is a beautiful bronze champagne / rose gold sheen. When I sweep my brush over the pan, it does not kick up dust. It does not emphasize my pores and lasts well. It stays put throughout the day although by the end of the day, it fades to a very soft light sheen.

Left to right: Laura Mercier and Chanel
I put my other fabulous highlighter side by side for a comparison. Chanel's is more of a pearly white.



As you can see, Chanel is more subtle whereas Laura Mercier is more visible. I love to pair Rose Rendezvous with my neutral or summer looks. For Chanel, it goes well with my pink or purple looks.

I like using my Hakuhodo highlight brush to apply my highlighters and it does a great job of applying a light veil of Rose Rendezvous on top of my cheek bones.  



It costs USD$42. Price wise, it is much cheaper than what I paid for my Chanel highlighter so thumbs up on that. I simple love the warm rose gold sheen which looks good on my NC30-35 skin tone. I can also see it being used as a subtle wash of eye colour. At 6 grams, you also get plenty of product , it will be a long time before I make a dent on it. 

Right now I think they are out of stock in many places so I'm really lucky to got mine. If you love highlighters, this is one you definitely need to hunt this down and get your hands on.

Have you ladies seen the Guerlain Spring 2012 Meteorites Cruel Gardenia Highlighter? Temptalia has a great review and pictures of it. It looks somewhat similar with the flower design but it is so going to be mine!

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. The LM powder is absolutely gorgeous in the pan and the colour reminds me of the Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Gelee Powder. You are right about the Guerlain, I am extremely excited after seeing it on Temptalia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous to look at! But I'm not a big fan of highlighters, so save pass for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prettyeagle: I came across a blog with comparison swatches of both the LM and Estee Lauder highlighter, they were almost similar. I'm glad because I was kicking myself over not picking up the EL highlighter.

    Luna: I was also not a fan of highlighters until I got sucked in!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.