Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fresh Sugar Lip Polish Review

(Image taken from Fresh website)

(Information taken from Fresh website)


SUGAR LIP POLISH is a gentle conditioning exfoliant that leaves lips incredibly soft and smooth.
Following in the footsteps of two of Fresh’s most iconic products—Brown Sugar Body Polish and Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15—this unique formula is enriched with real brown sugar crystals to gently buff away dry flakes, meadowfoam seed, jojoba seed, and grapeseed oils to nourish the lips, and shea butter for long-lasting moisture.

For the ultimate age-delay lip treatment, apply Sugar Lip Polish to the lips and gently massage away dull skin. Leave on for 5 minutes, and rinse with warm water. Follow with Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 to lock in moisture and protect the pout or Sugar Rosé or Sugar Plum Tinted Lip Treatments SPF 15 for added color. Recommended use is two to three times a week for irresistibly kissable lips.
KEY INGREDIENTS
- Sugar, a natural humectant and skin-soother that helps prevent moisture loss, buffs away dry flakes.
- Meadowfoam seed, jojoba seed, and grapeseed oils nourish, hydrate, and protect. They absorb into the skin rapidly and restore suppleness to dry, rough, and damaged skin while locking in moisture. - Shea butter is an extremely effective moisturizer that acts as a protective shield to restore suppleness to dry and damaged skin. - Vitamin E helps prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin by defending against wrinkle-causing free radicals.




I have long ago finished up using my Korres Lemon Lip Scrub and have been hunting for another lip scrub ever since. I love the Korres version a lot because it is shaped like a lip stick and thus very handy and easy to use. Unfortunately Korres prices in Singapore are highly marked up and I have stopped ordering from Korres online so it was not an option for me to get it any more.

I did a little jiggy when I found out Sephora had brought it Fresh. I have always wanted to try their lip balm and their lip polish. So Sugar Lip Polish was the first item I picked up from Fresh.

It contains 17g of product. It costs USD $22.50 and SGD $29. I am very happy that they did not do a price mark up. Given the currency fluctuations, the price is almost similar to what you can get in the US.




It comes in a pot and smells absolutely divine. I pick up a small amount and as per instructions begin to gently scrub my lips with it. Please be gentle. These are your lips, you don't want to sandpaper them off.



As I scrub I can see the bits of  lip stuff coming off. So long as you are gentle, this is a wonderful yet satisfying treat. I can just see all the dead lip bits coming off. After scrubbing, I use a lukewarm cottom pad to gently remove the scrub and viola smooth as baby's butt lips. Then I used my favourite drugstore Vaseline Lip Therapy on my lips. This preps up my lips for lipstick application. I used this about three times a week. I'm not sure if that is over scrubbing though. 

Do you need to pay $29 for a lip scrub? Of course not. You can make your own. Here are two websites whith homemade lip scrub recipes, Livestrong and Become Gorgeous. Body Shop also has a Lip Scuff. I'm personally too lazy to make my own because then I have to worry about how to store it or will it go bad. I don't really see many lip scrubs in the market, I've tried the Body Shop version and did not like it.

Lip scrubs are useful, especially if you love lipstick as much as I do. Super soft and smooth lips are the key to beautiful lipstick application.

As I only use a tiny amount so I think this Sugar Lip Polish will last me quite some time.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that Sephora is now stocking these! I'm going to check them out when I head over to Singapore in a few weeks! can't wait! I looooveee fresh (but not it's price point!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.