Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense No. 9 Rock Sand Review and Swatches




Since I heard and saw the swatches for GA's Eyes To Kill Intense, I have been dying (no pun intended) to get my hands on some. I received this precious gift from my bestie D while she was on holiday in Hong Kong. (Thanks so much D!) 

I had this for a very long time so I sincerely apologise for not posting the swatches and reviews any sooner. I also realised I posted a look with Rock Sand even before I posted the review and swatches. My bad!




(Taken from Giorgio Armani website)

HIGH VOLTAGE 24 HOUR EYES TO KILL SHADOWS


This innovative hybrid texture, which is not a powder, nor a cream acts like a smooth, lasting color film. Each shade is intensified with a second pigment for a multi-dimensional effect. In just one swoop, create a wet, shimmering smokey eye. Base color covers eyelid, and second pigment adds drama to the contour.

The technology: Color-FilTM,  for the first time in an eyeshadow. A new high resistance bi-polymer enables the formula to perfectly fit the color to the eyelid with cushiony suppleness, for a never seen comfortable long wear.

Twenty four hour color wear, crease proof, flake proof, waterproof and sweat-proof,  Eyes To Kill Intense Eye shadows slide on, stay on, but wipe off in an instant. Apply wet or dry with fingers or the Armani large eye contour brush.




ETK comes in a nifty little glass pot with 4 grams of product.

 

To keep the shadow in place and from drying, there is a little cap placed on top of the shadow.




In my opinion, ETK is a powder shadow that acts more like a cream shadow. It is very dense. When I dipped my finger into the pot and made a swatch, I was wowed by the intense pigmentation with one swipe.



No. 9 Rock Sand is a champagne colour with hints of gold. More sparkly and gold than Stila's Kitten. I did a water test to see how it fared.  

After a rinse with water

After a rinse then rubbed



As you can see, after being rinsed with water and then rubbed, the shadow still stays in place although it isn't as intense when first applied. When I wore it to work ( my work day is usually 10 hours or more) I was very happy to see that it stayed put till the end of the day and still looked great. Perfect for oily lidded girls like me.

My little gift came with a ETK catalogue. There are a total of 16 shades available.



 I'm lusting over Purpura and Sweetfire.

ETKs cost USD $32. Yes it is a hefty sum to pay for a single eye shadow but I think the quality speaks for itself.


You must be wondering how does Rock Sand compare with Chanel D'Ombres Emerveille.


Left to right: Emerveille and Rock Sand

Top to bottom: Rock Sand and Emerveille



ETKs are dense loose eye shadow whereas CDO are more of a wet gel texture. Rock Sand stands out as being more pigmented and intense as compared to Emerveille. They are actually very close in shade. Perhaps Rock Sand is more champagne and Emerveille is more peachy.If you already own more, it is not necessary to get the other in my opinion.


Ratings: 5 lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqualine,

    Do you know how much is GA Eyes to Kill in Hong Kong? Many thanks. I am also very interested to hear your experience with your new hoard : Suqqu.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anon, if I'm not mistaken it should be 350 HKD. I have to say I tried my new Suqqu palette today. Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacq, Its a little late since you posted this review but I recently got Rocksand and am experiencing alot of fall out on application... Quite disappointing given all the rave reviews so was wondering if you've also experienced this?
    I've also got Purpura and Khaki Pulse which both applied fine... they do have less shimmer than Rocksand though.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Gwen, I am so sorry to hear that. I have not experienced any fall out at all with Rocksand or any of my ETKs. Have you tried to use a primer underneath?

      Delete
    2. I do use primer :( Maybe I need to try it with a different brush... or use fingers instead!

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.