Saturday, November 5, 2011

Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base Swatches and Reviews



I have been waiting with bated breath for the Burberry Tangs counter to bring in Fresh Glow. Ever since I read about it at Cafe Makeup I knew I had to try it.

(Information taken from Nordstrom website)

Burberry Fresh Glow is a lightweight, luminous fluid base that gives the skin a gentle fresh shimmer and sheer dewy finish. The unique pink color complements all skin tones and enhances the complexion for an effortlessly radiant, healthy look. The beautifying formula contains wild rose extract, which provides moisturizing benefits and regenerating properties. The skin is hydrated, protected and has a natural healthy glow.






Fresh Glow comes in the same kind of bottle as the Sheer Foundation. It has a lockable pump system that dispenses the right amount of primer. One pump is enough for the entire face.


I wish I could capture how beautiful it looks inside the bottle. It looks like a bottle of pearly goodness. So pretty! This is the first time I'm using a glowy primer. All my primers have so far been matt ones. I had oily skin for a long long time and now that my skin is leaning towards  normal to dehydrated I can experiment with something glowy.




Fresh Glow pumps out as a pearly white colour. It has very light gel texture that absorbs into the skin almost immediately. On my arm swatch, it almost looks matt. It isn't. It gives just the right amount of luminosity to my skin without making my skin look oily. The effect is subtle but still noticeable to my eyes. I tried it over all my different foundations and it pairs well with every single one of them. I did not have to blot my face at all for the entire day. On another friend of mine who has oilier skin, she needed to blot after about 4 hours.



This is what I look like with Fresh Glow under the Sheer Foundation. If you want to apply it as a primer, the best method is to pump the product onto your fingers. Rub it lightly and warm the primer. Then apply it as you would apply your moisturiser.

Fresh Glow can also be used in many other ways, you can mix it with your foundation for a sheerer and more luminous look. It can be used over foundation on your cheek bones and brow bones as a highlighter. You can also use it on top of eye shadow for a glowy look. Instead of sweeping Fresh Glow on your cheeks, it is recommended that you dab it on instead.

I tried it as a cheek highlighter. It is more subtle that my Giorgio Armani Shimmering Beige Fluid Sheer. I think this will be a perfect for day time as opposed to night time where you might want more sparkle.

Fresh Glow costs USD $48 or SGD $70 for a 30ml bottle. I'm so glad I picked this up.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I love the packaging! And this product looks so subtle and elegant that it's hard to overdo.. unlike some liquid highlighters which are too pale and shimmery and look very obvious. But I noticed your hauling is continuing, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel, this is a stellar primer I tell you, must have! Yup (hides face) I'm spending faster than I can blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm really really tempted to pick this up at the next Tangs sale! Your Burberry collection is ballooning swiftly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gosh, Luna yes it is. It is like they are making babies inside my drawers. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.