Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stila Sparkle Eyeliner in Curacao


(Taken from the Stila website)

These amazing new pigment-rich liquid liners contain a special polymer that adheres the glitter and pigment to the eyes for all-day, waterproof wear. Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liners are packaged in a uniquely designed long handle, pen-like component for precision and ease. The thin sponge tip applicator also ensures perfect application every time. 

Key benefits:
  • Perfect blend of pearls and intense pigment
  • Waterproof and long-wearing
  • Easy-to-use, long-handled pen-like component with soft sponge applicator
Trick: Shake well before using. Sweep tapered sponge applicator along lash line. Use tip of pen to create a thin, clean line. For a thick, bold line, position pen at an angle and apply with slightly more pressure. Remove with an oil-based eye makeup remover.Size: 1.7 ml.



Stila Sparkle Eye liners are the same size as Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners. They even have the same foam tip applicator. Perhaps Stila has longer tip.


I prefer MUFE Aqua Liners because of their shade range but I couldn't pass up on Curacao because it is such a unique bright blue shade. Unfortunately, it isn't as opaque as I would like it to be. Like the Aqua Liners, this a smudge-proof and water-proof. On my oil lids it stayed on until it is taken off and like the Aqua Liners, this is also difficult to get rid of. Have your bi-phase make-up remover handy.

This sells for USD$22 as compared to Aqua Liners which go for $23.




Ratings: 2+ lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. I love Stila liners. This color is so beautiful and playful. It shows off the browns in your eyes beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosamund I love bright blue shadows and liners in general. Curacao needs to br layered though. Have you used Stila liners before? Which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, this is a gorgeous colour! Your application is perfect also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean by layered? Yes, I've owned their eyeliner pencils but it is not colorful, I love blue though. Mine are just brown, black and nude color. But I use the Stila gel liners often and it is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel: With the foam tip applicator, it is very easy to draw a straight line.

    Rosamond: It is not very opaque so I either apply a few layers or use Urban Decay's 24/7 eye pencil in Deviant underneath.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.