Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Dualistic Eye Pencil in Champagne Swatches and Reviews


I had my eye turned to this after reading Messy Wands pretty tutorial using the Le Métier de Beauté Penelope Eye Kit. It looked like a great eye pencil to have in my stash so it was a good excuse to start a Nordstrom haul just to get it.

(Taken from Le Métier de Beauté website)

The creamy, pigment-rich formula of our water-based gel pencil allows for a velvety soft application that glides on smooth and doesn’t drag or tug at the delicate eye area. It is so fluid and soft that it works great either as a liner to create a saturated fine line or as an eye shadow base, smudged to perfection—a truly versatile product to be used under or over eye shadow and designed for maximum blendability and long-lasting coverage. Considered an essential in any A-list makeup artist’s kit, it is key to creating some of the chicest eye looks, subtle or dramatic.


It comes in 4 neutral shades. Champagne, Noir, Sequoia and Taramack.



It is a tiny little thing, much shorter than my normal eye pencils.



I went aah when I swatched it on my hand. It was buttery soft and glided onto my hand.

Champagne is a milky chocolate shade that leans a little on the cool side.





I used it as suggested by Messy Wands as an eye base for my Penelope eye kit. It glided on my lids without any tugging at all. It is by far the softest eye pencil evah! I used my Clinique gwp eye brush to blend it and it blended so easily, giving my eyes a colour gradation. I can see myself using it on its own. I was so worried that since it is creamy, it would crease on me. I had my eye make up on for a good 12 hours. Dualistic eye pencil held on to my eye shadow keeping it almost as good as new without any creasing at all. I have to remind you, I  have oily lids.

Top to bottom: Blond Amber and Blond Amber over Champagne
Champagne blended over lids with UDPP as base



This is by far the most expensive eye pencil I own. It cost USD$36 as compared to MAC Power Points which cost USD$15. It also has the same amount of product as MAC Power Point Eye Pencils. The eye pencil is the best I have ever used.  I wish Le Métier de Beauté would make more colours. Perhaps a bronzy, an emerald green and sapphire shade would certainly rock my boat.

I have to say that Le Métier de Beauté is an expensive addiction. Every LMdB item I have bought exceeds my expectations. They are expensive for a good reason. If you have money to spend, get yourself some LMdB.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so expensive! I'll stick with mac or other brands that not that expensive. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noniek, yes it is! I wish it was cheaper, I use it sparingly,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel has left a new comment on your post "Le Métier de Beauté Dualistic Eye Pencil in Champa...":

    Holy crap! That is really expensive! (but oh so luxurious at the same time..).

    My fat fingers again, sorry Rachel! You know what, they should not make any more nice colours, then I wont be tempted to buy anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.