Friday, October 21, 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Facinante Swatches and Reviews

(Image taken from Chanel US)
(Information taken from Chanel website)


ROUGE ALLURE invents ROUGE ALLURE VELVET: luminous matte lip colour.


ROUGE ALLURE VELVET creates another way to wear lipstick. An alternative to shine.Velvety soft and more comfortable than any matte lipstick before, it adorns lips with deep colours and an intensely luminous matte finish.As moisturising as a satiny lipstick, it feels as weightless as a second skin.


The US website lists 8 shades.

Beige
La Ravissante
La Distinguee

Pink
La Raffinee
L'Exuberante

Reds
La Facinante
La Somptueuse
La Sensuelle

Brown
La Exquise


I'm a lipstick fanatic no doubts about it. Lipstick does wonders to the face. It can instantly perk up a tired face. I love love Chanel especially their lipsticks. Something about that sexy black lacquer casing just screams luxury and gorgeousness. 

I was all over the Rouge Allure Velvets when they came out. I visited the Chanel Ion store and was introduced to MA Qui Ling (Hi sweetie!). She is one of those MAs you wish you meet all the time, she is informative and patient. I have a huge crush on red lipsticks lately so I was quite disappointed that Singapore will only be getting La Facinante and not La Somptueuse and La Sensuelle. I picked out La Facinante, L'Exuberante and L'Elegante (I think this is exclusive to Asia) to try. She patiently tried out each lipstick on me.  If you know me by now, I never ever go home with one lipstick. I came back with 3 and got sucked into buying Illusion D'Ombre in Fantasme too.





I wanted to show you the red lipstick first because it is a uber fierce colour. It is such an exciting colour!


First of all, they come in the standard click casing exactly like those in the Rouge Allures.






I love a good matt red lipstick. This red is just gorgeous. It is very wearable for my NC30-35 skin tone. It is a strong colour so I keep this for nights.



I am wearing La Facinante with Burberry Brick Red lip liner. I find the Chanel Rouge lip liner to be too orange for it to match. I use a lip brush to apply it. While I was applying it, La Facinante applies like a dream. I only need to apply gently and the product just glides onto my lips. The colour is saturated and creamy. Instead of a dull flat matt, it has a satiny look. Very flattering.  It wears well so long as you do not eat or drink. Even if you do, the colour fades evenly and leaves a uniformed stain behind. 

The thing I'm not quite happy with is that it does not reapply well. You need to blot off your lipstick, apply a little balm before you reapply. It doesn't look as good as when you first applied it. I found Rouge Allure Velvets to be a little drying too. After removal of it, my lips did peel and I had to apply lip balm to moisturise it. That being said, I'm still glad I got these lipsticks. They are very different from what I have.



I pulled out all the red lipsticks I have in my stash for a comparison.

Left to right: La Facinante, Passion, Byzantine, Burberry Brick Red and Lune Russe.

If you are interested in these, I suggest you pick the stronger colours. Because of the velvety texture, strong colours look better on lips. 

I won't use these for very long hours. I would keep these for use when I know I'll be out for just a few because I don't want to have to reapply my lipstick often.

Rouge Allure Velvet goes for SGD $44 the same price as the Rouge Allures.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks



What else did I score? Qui Ling was very generous with her samples. I told her I was looking for some thing to tackle my sun spots and I wanted something anti-aging (yup age is catching up on me!). She gave me some of the Le Blanc range to try. She also gave me a sample of the Sublimage Essential Regenerating Fluid. I have now switched to using these samples and I must say wow to the Le Blanc cleanser (immediate brightening after the first wash) and to the Sublimage. I will use it for a longer period of time before I write a review on it.

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous deep reds Jacqueline! and pretty awesome GWP's too! enjoy your new lippies, they're perfect for fall! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Georgina, I'm just waiting for the right time to wear my red lippie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my~ you should be called the queen of red lipsticks! =]
    it's pretty!^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna ;) not a queen by any means I'm sure there are others out there who own more red lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.