Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chanel Poudre Tissee Brompton Road Swatches and Reviews





I was very lucky Iariae offered to help me get Brompton Road through her Harrods haul. I heard her talk about it and had seen a picture, it just looked so pretty and the offer too good to pass up. So I jumped at her offer.

I'm glad I asked her to get it.



Poudre Tissee is the same size as the Joues Contraste blushes. It comes with a ultra plush casing and an addition pouch for the face brush.





I enjoy the soft angled brush. It is soft and doesn't scratch my cheeks. It does a good job of picking up the blush. As much as I like the brush, the extra brush pouch makes it a little troublesome. Now I worry that I will lose it, if I bring it out.

Drum roll please......... wait for it...... tada!





It is very pretty and glittery. Once you sweep away the chunky glitter, you get a usable light pink blush.



I was a little worried that it would not show on my NC30-35 skin but it does. I use it directly on the apples of my cheeks for a natural pink flush.

Left to right: Blended together with an MAC Blush brush and applied sheerly, pink portion and white portion





I know my swatches are somewhat half hearted. I can't bear to ruin the pretty design. Like the Joues Contraste blush, Brompton Road is powdery. A sweep of the brush kicks up some powder. When mixed together, the white portion gives the pink blush a subdued pearly finish. The swatches may look somewhat chalky but it isn't.

Left to right: Brompton Road, Chanel Tea Rose and Burberry Cameo


I compared Brompton Road which I mixed with my lightest pink blush I have at the moment, Chanel JC Tea Rose and Burberry Cameo. You can see that BR is really light so I'm very pleased that it still shows up on my face.

I find that it works very well layered on top of cream blush. This morning I layered Brompton Road over my Le Métier de Beauté 'Creme Fresh' Tint for Lip and Cheek in PoppyIt lasted for about 6 hours. Brompton Road became more visible and it lasted longer. It gave my Poppy a pearly quality that shows up as pearly not oily.


Bottom line, if you have a light to medium skintone, up till NC35, you will be able to pull off BR. It is unfortunately not for the darker skin tones. I paid quite a bit for it because it was bought from Harrods. If you are a Chanel addict and don't mind paying for £46, it will be a nice blush/highlighter to add to your collection.

I hate the weather! It has been raining and the sky has been overcast. I promise BR pictures in bright sunlight and a swatch with Poppy and BR together. Oh yes heavier swatches!

Edited to add:

Okay hopefully these pictures will do Brompton Road some justice.

In sunlight, from left to right, the pink portion, the white portion and blended
For the blended portion, it really depends on how you blend it, if you use more of the pink, it will look more pink. The one I did, I blended more of the white therefore you see a very light pink.

Left to right: LMdB Poppy and Brompton Road layered over Poppy


I love this combination. In the sunlight you can see that it gives off a subdued pearly pink look.



This is a cheek swatch of only Brompton Road. It actually looks more obvious in real life.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jacqueline, I am so green with envy! It's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pammy: He he isn't it? I waited a good two days before breaking it in. Nothing is sacred ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The price is ouch! but well worth it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.