Friday, October 28, 2011

Chanel Ombre Essentielle 417 Beige Lame Swatches and Reviews



I am a Chanel Ombre Essentielle virgin. This is my very first Chanel single eye shadow. I was hemming and hawing over getting this, honestly it does not look very interesting in the pan until you really look at it closely.





It looks kinda blah right? I was turning Beige Lame this way and that, trying to catch the multi coloured shimmer without much success. Under lights, Beige Lame sparkles and twinkles is a soft subtle way. I got sucked in immediately.

Top and bottom: Without primer and with Urban Decay Primer Potion



I'm kinda on a fence on Beige Lame. On my eye lids,  I'm not exactly wowed by it. The sparkles don't show up much, only under certain lighting I am able to see the sparkles. I took out my Burberry Gold Trench eye shadow for a comparison.

Left to right: Chanel Beige Lame and Burberry Gold Trench
Gold Trench has more warmth and gold in it without the sparkles. I prefer the texture of Gold Trench. Even though Beige Lame is pigmented and soft, it doesn't apply like butter unlike Gold Trench.


I paid SGD $48 for Beige Lame. It is $2 more than Burberry eye shadows and has slightly less product. I'm sure Chanel has eye shadows are stunning but this isn't one of them for me.

Edited to add:

It has been raining every day for the last week, the sun is finally out and I have a little time to show you how Beige Lame looks on my lids. The sparkles on Beige Lame are very subtle so it isn't obvious in pictures.

Beige Lame all over lids and the dark brown from the Chanel Tokapi quad.




Ratings: 2 lipsticks


Edited to add: I think I am going to up my ratings for Beige Lame. It is definitely a night time eye shadow. The multi-coloured sparkles show up better under artificial light and looks wonderful with a great red lip. I'm beginning to fall in love with it.


Ratings: 3 lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the review! =)
    I followed!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks vivaglam! I always do a happy dance when I get a new follower. I hope you will enjoy my posts. See you around, don't be shy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like taupes, try Chanel Safari! It's really quite pretty, though my favourite all over lid taupe is MAC Patina. It's just perfect!

    Also, just wanted to let you know that the Burberry lipstick didn't really work for me! The colour was a bit too brown and I didn't like the fragrance, so I passed it over to my mum and she likes it. She commented that the packaging is very masculine haha. I really like the Maybelline BB cream though, thanks for the samples! I prob would never have tried it if not for the samples and I'm now thinking of buying the full sized one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel, aw too bad Rosewood didn't work out for you. It is a hard colour to pull off on our warm complexions. Glad your mom likes it. I'm glad you like the samples too. How are you doing by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually i'm neutral-cool toned, but I find that now that i'm older, i can't really pull off very light or too brown shades and i need slightly richer shades or i look pretty washed out. I'm doing alright at the moment.. juggling lots of things so a bit busy, but I think i'm coping alright. Exams in about a month so prep for that has to start soon too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.