Sunday, October 16, 2011

Caudalie Premiere Cru The Eye Cream First Impressions

Image taken from Caudalie US website

(Information taken from Caudalie wedsite)

The ultimate anti-ageing eye cream for immediate and long-lasting visible results. Targeting all the visible signs of aging around the eyes: wrinkles, loss of elasticity, dehydration, dark circles, puffiness, dark spots and loss of radiance, Premier Cru The Eye Cream, immediately brightens and correct dark circles thanks to silvery, coppery and iridescent pearlizers.
SKIN SOLUTION: For those who wish to combat all signs of ageing: wrinkles, lack of firmness, lack of radiance and dryness.
USAGE: Put a small amount of The Eye Cream on the tip of your finger, and then delicately apply with a gentle tapping motion working around the eye from the inside out. Then, lightly smooth the area, beginning with the under eye, then moving out towards the temples and up to the eyelid (repeat 3 times).

INGREDIENTS : AQUA (WATER), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL*, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE*, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN*, TRIISOSTEARIN*, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, BIS-BEHENYL/ISOSTEARYL/PHYTOSTERYL DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE*, PEG-20 STEARATE, IMPERATA CYLINDRICA ROOT EXTRACT*, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA, HYDROGENATED AVOCADO OIL*, HYDROGENATED STEARYL OLIVE ESTERS*, SILICA, PALMITOYL GRAPE SEED EXTRACT*, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE*, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL*, HYDROLYZED HIBISCUS ESCULENTUS EXTRACT*, DEXTRIN*, CAFFEINE*, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PALMITOYL GRAPEVINE SHOOT EXTRACT *, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, COFFEA ARABICA (COFFEE) SEED EXTRACT*, CARBOMER, XANTHAN GUM, TOCOPHEROL *, LECITHIN*, HYALURONIC ACID, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, POLYSORBATE 20, SODIUM CARBOXYMETHYL BETAGLUCAN, ACETYL TETRAPEPTIDE-5, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), TIN OXIDE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE *, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 *(116/183) *Origine végétale - Plant origin

I'm a very disloyal person when it comes to beauty products. Unless that product has wowed me, I don't normally continue using it. I have yet to find my HG eye cream. I have used quite a few. I tried Lancome's Genifique Eye, Clinique's All About Eyes, Korres Quercetin and Oak Anti-aging  and Anti-wrinkle eye cream and have lately finished Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair Eyes Synchronised Complex (I can't believe I did not take pictures and write a review about this one!)

Out of all the eye creams I have used, Estee Lauder's was the one I liked best. It still didn't wow enough to want to buy it again. I wanted to try something else.

These are my eye care concerns, as I grow older, I notice fine lines creeping under my eyes. It is especially obviously when I have foundation and powder on. I notice that the area under my eyes are getting slightly drier than in the past and it is no longer as firm. I don't get very bad dark circles under my eyes but lately because of sickness and late nights, they are more obvious. So my miracle eye cream would be one that restores the the firmness, chases away all wrinkles and obliterate all dark circles. Some miracle right? If you do find a cream like that, let me know.

Anyway, Caudalie's Premiere Cru eye cream seems to be getting good reviews so I picked it up from Sephora's to give it a go.


I notice that I'm getting immune to paying high prices for my beauty items! This little bottle goes for SGD $139 or USD $95. My Estee Lauder eye cream was SGD$82. 






It comes in a pump bottle. I would have preferred a simple container. I wish it was transparent so I know how much product I have left. I also worry about how I am going to get the little bibs and bobs after I have finished my bottle. It looks like it will be hard to get it out.


The first time I used it, I squeezed out a full pump which is way too much. My heart cried a little at the amount I wasted. This is all you need.


I got this little plastic thingy from the Estee Lauder eye cream. I used this to scoop my Estee Lauder eye cream out and spread it around my under eye. It works so well I kept it to use with this eye cream.



After using this to gently apply over my under eye, I pat it gently with my ring finger. I bought it on the 8th of October, 2011. I have only used it for less than a week so these are just my initial thoughts. I will add my full review after I have used if for a longer amount of time.

It does a good job moisturising my eye area. The skin under my eyes feel soft and supple after application. After concealer and powder application, I notice that the fine lines are not as visible as before. 

These are the few samples the nice SA at Sephora handed to me. I'll keep these for other days to review.


I'm holding off my ratings at the moment. Time will tell if this is worth the price. 

I'm very curious about what you use as an eye cream. Is the eye cream you are using effective, do share! If you have any tips on eyes, I would love to hear from you too. For example, my eyes puff up seriously after a bout of crying. I can never hide from anyone that I've cried the night before. I get triple eye lids which take a lot of eye pinching to get it right again. So frustrating. I tried cold spoons and tea bags but they aren't very effective. How do you reduce puffiness around the eyes?

2 comments:

  1. Knowing more about dark circles under eyes will give you more knowledge on how you can stop them from forming. Good to know this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice posted article, thanks for letting us know. Great job dear!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.