Thursday, October 6, 2011

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow No. 09 Rosewood Swatches and Reviews



You should know by now how much I love Burberry Sheer eye shadows. They aren't sheer at all, in fact they are pigmented and silky. Please check out my more detailed review here

I am not satisfied with owning just three Burberry shadows, nope not me. A beauty hoarder like me has a tendency to collect so I am a hunt for more gems. Rosewood is a colour mentioned by Iariae as a must have colour so I had to see for myself. In fact I went ahead and reserved it without actually seeing the shade. If Iariae says it is a must have, I know it must be pretty.


Rosewood is a complex greyish taupe. I have been recently converted into a taupe lover and I really love how understated yet elegant taupes can be.



Left to right: Without primer, with Urban Decay Primer Potion


Here is how Rosewood looks on my bare eye lids. I did not use any primer for this. First I used a wash of Porcelain and then using my crease brush dabbed Rosewood at the outer corner of my eyes working inwards.



To finish the look, I added Urban Decay's24/7 Eye Pencil in Bourbon and added more Rosewood over it. Then some Maybelline Volume Express mascara.




I took out my Chanel Tokapi palette which has a beautiful taupe for comparison.




Left to right: Rosewood versus Chanel Tokapi Taupe



Rosewood has more brown and less silver and is generally more muted. Whereas the taupe in the Chanel Tokapi quad is more shimmery. The differences between them aren't that great to justify having both. If you don't like too much shimmer and sparkle, Rosewood would be a perfect companion for you. 

I feel that the quality of the eye shadows justify its price. At the same time, at SGD$46, you should choose colours that you know you will use very often.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.