Monday, January 23, 2012

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense No. 3 Purpura Review and Swatches




I'm not going to rehash what I have been saying about GA Eyes To Kill Intense eye shadows. You can read about it here instead. 

I love dark purples more than dark blues. Somehow I can't seem to make dark blues look as good on me as purples and plums.


Left to right: Sweet Fire and Purpura




When I swatched it, the first thing that came into my mind was how similar it looked to Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire.

Top to bottom: Chanel Illusoire and GA Purpura


The above is an incomplete eye look. I placed Purpura at the outer corner of my eye and blended inwards. I have Rock Sand on the inner corner of my eyes. Purpura looks like a greyish purple.



For the completed look, I lined my eyes with Urban Decay's 24/7 eye liner in Rock Star. I smudged it and added more Purpura over it. At the outer corner, I dabbed Burberry's Sheer Eye Shadow in Midnight Plum just to darken and intensify the look.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacq!
    How does Purpura compare with Burberry's Midnight Plum? I've currently got M.Plum and I know its definitely not shimmery but on me it pulls a greyish-purple (more grey than purple which made me sad!). Your swatches of Purpura look greyish purple too so I was wondering if it would be similar to M.Plum.

    Thanks!!
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Choe, thanks for popping by. I feel that they are different, Midnight Plum is darker. I can do a comparison swatch and take pictures soon. I will post it as soon as I can.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.