Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in Tangerine No. 06 Swatches and Reviews





Before I become a lipstick fiend, I was originally a blush fiend. After discovering Chanel Joues Contraste blush, I looked no further. No other powder blush can beat the likes of Chanel JCs. But I am never faithful, I have to try other brands so it was only natural of me to pick up a blush from Burberry to try out. 

(Taken from Nordstrom website)

Get a bright and radiant finish with warm glowing skin, reminiscent of the freshness of a spring morning.


Formula: This airy micro-powder ensures rich shades. Silicones provide an easy glide.Benefits: An effortlessly natural fresh complexion and a healthy glow.Protection: Provides moisturising benefits.
How to use: Apply Burberry Light Glow on the hollow of your cheek to slim face, or apply it at the top of the cheek to highlight the face.

For your information, Light Glows are blush and Warm Glows are bronzers. 

There are 8 shades of Lights Glows.
5 - Blossom Blush
8 - Misty Blush

You can see swatches of No. 1 to 5 at Natural N Chic Make up here. For a look at all of Burberry Beauty products, she has also an extensive range of swatches here.




My blush comes with a pouch to protect it from fingerprints and all sorts of smudges. It also features the gunmetal casing similar to Lip Covers and Mists. Instead of a clasp, it is also magnetic and closes tight. I have no difficulty opening it up.




I actually like the soft and fluffy blush provided. It is big and wide enough to use for cheeks and soft without being scratchy. I like that it is angled too for contouring. I think beauty companies are finally heeding our complains of useless applicators and tiny scratchy blush brushes. They are finally making the effort to include brushes we can actually use.







The name Tangerine is such a misnomer. There is no orange in this blush. It is a soft peach with hints of brown.




Tangerine feels soft and melts into my skin to give me a soft glow. It does not kick up powder when I brush across it with my brush. It does not contain any shimmer so it gives a natural soft look. It looks a slightly muddy if I apply this on the apples of my cheeks so instead I apply it just under the apples for a hint of colour.


I did a comparison swatch of all my peachy blush. From left to right, Tangerine, Chanel JC in Espiegel, Chanel JC in Reflex (most shimmery of the lot), Korres in Natural and MAC Eversun.




Burberry blush goes for SGD $61 and has 7g or 0.24 oz of product. It is on par with Chanel JC which cost SGD $63 and has 0.21 oz of product. Do you need both? Well if you are a blush fiend, why not?

I love my Burberry blush, I can see myself owning Blossom as well. 

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. Why do Burberry blushes have to be gorgeous? I've been forever lemming Blossom and Peony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pammy! Because they know just how to attract us like bees to honey. Luxe packaging, smooth buttery textures and soft pretty colours. Hm... must go check out Peony. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so warm and wonderful, perfect for summer! i cant wait to haul in Burberry makeup! October, please come already! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Georgina, I can't wait for the counter to officially open so my wallet can pay homage. My list keeps getting longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swatched this! But I had my heart set on Blossom, which is another great shade!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Luna missed out on getting to meet you last week :( Blossom is definitely going home with me the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! The packaging is stunning, and I'm not even a packaging whore at all. This looks like one of those perfect my-cheeks-but-better sort of blushes, perfect for a bit of definition and colour but super natural.

    By now you probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that... Chanel JCs broke me out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you and me and Luna = happy threesome at Burberry counter! Enuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) yeah that sounds like so much fun, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rachel I'm so sorry to hear that. Could you single out the ingredient that broke you out? What a bummer! I can understand how you probably have to treat new makeup with caution. It would bum me out if I spent so much on a product and find that it gives me problems. Have you tried Korres?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty but I'm sorry it broke you out! :/ I do recommend Korres as another blogger said that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! I feel like an idiot! I didn't know you were Jacqueline :p

    This blush is gorgeous :) I've never tried any Burberry cosmetics before but I have no doubt that it's impeccably nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Rainy Days no problem ;) Burberry is really gorgeous if you are into beauty products you have to at least try one of their products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like the surface design of it! plus if its a little dark maybe we can use it as a bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Evie, for lighter skin tones it definitely can be used as a bronzer to warm the face. For me I use this under my cheek bones and add a glowy highlighter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No, I haven't managed to figure out what it was! I'm quite resigned to my skin being extremely finnicky by now. I'm glad that I can still use MAC blushes with no problems (and a number of other brands too) and they make up the majority of my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rachel, gee that sucks. If you knew, it would make shopping for make up much easier. Maybe you can look up on the ingredients in MAC and look for them in other blush that you have your eye on. MAC blush has a great selection. What are your favourites?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.