Sunday, September 25, 2011

Burberry Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation Trench No. 7 Beauty Review Part 2




I felt that the Burberry Foundation deserves another post. I'm stubborn like that.

Okay from my previous post you already know I'm very confused with this foundation. I hate it when I apply it with a brush. It looks cakey and patchy. It does not keep the oilies at bay. It does not withstand humidity well. So it is a big no no as a work wear foundation for me. On the other hand, I love it when I use a sponge to apply. It blends well, sinks into my skin and feels lightweight. It gives me a soft glow especially when I wear it out in the evenings. 

Anyway I wasn't done testing this foundation and I ran out of samples, so what does a foundation whore do? Buy the whole darn bottle!

I have to say this, what a beautiful bottle! It is made of glass so be very careful with it.





It is a pump bottle, one pump of product is sufficient for my entire face. It has a little locking feature, you twist the pump to lock it.



I'm really excited to let you know that my fingers are the best applicators for this foundation! I applied this using my fingers. It was so easy to apply and blend. Paired with the lightest dusting of loose powder, I was good to go. I had a really soft glow. I love how it looks. Unfortunately I had to blot my face after a few hours.




I didn't realise the silly washing detergent (yup the huge orange thingy) was behind me, my bad. By the way, I'm using most of my new Burberry products on my face.

Face
GA Fluid Master
BB Sheer Luminous Foundation Trench No. 7
GA Loose Powder
Chanel JC Blush in Rose Petal

Eyes
UD Primer Potion
BB eye shadows in Porcelain, Gold Trench and Midnight Plum
UD 24/7 eye liner in Rockstar
Lancome Oscillation Power Booster and Hypnose Precious Cells mascara

Lips
BB Lip Definer Shaping Pencil Dusty Rose
BB Lip Cover Blush

My verdict: 

At SGD$77 a bottle, it is expensive. If you have oily skin and want something that will keep you matt the whole day. If you want a multi purpose, multi occasion foundation. Skip this. 

If you don't have oil issues, don't work in a hot and humid environment and don't mind blotting after a few hours. Consider this. 

If you are a foundation whore, who wants a soft glowy face. If you are only going out for short trips that does not require you to sweat a lot. If you have date night with your lovey and you want to look all soft and romantic. Grab it! 

My ratings remain at 3+ lipsticks

7 comments:

  1. the verdict part is so clever. i think im going to skip this and splurge on lippies and blushers instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Georgina! Yup more lippies girl the lip covers are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The foundie looks great on you! I agree it gives a soft glowy natural look. I like the packaging, though it would be horrible to travel with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now i can safely skip this =P
    More blushers for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karelessly in Love has left a new comment on your post "Burberry Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation ...":

    Gosh, why does Blush look so natural on you!? It looks so bright bright on me.

    I agree that the foundation is really patchy when applied with a brush. I'll have to try it with a sponge next. When used with my fingers, it's very natural. Super sheer.

    Sorry Kareless my fat finger pressed the delete button by mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karelessly, all lippies look muted on me. I wish I had paler lips so colours look as is from the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, after reading this awesome piece of writing i am too
    cheerful to share my know-how here with mates.
    My website :: burberry headband

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.