Sunday, September 11, 2011

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick swatches in No. 1 Nude Beige, No. 4 Rosewood, No. 9 Blush and No. 19 Brick Red


I am going to show you some swatches I made of the quartet of lip samples I received at the Burberry counter. Lip Covers are the more opaque Burberry lipstick. They are creamy and gives a satiny texture. I find that they have one of the best lipstick formulations ever.


Nude Beige No. 1


Okay, I hate this colour. It looks like I'm putting on concealor on my lips. I have pigmented lips so this looks like death on me. Hate it!

No. 9 Blush


I love this shade. It is a rosy shade that looks great on my lips.


No. 4 Rosewood


I'm on the fence about this one. It is a mauve brown shade not a colour I would generally pick for myself. 

No. 19 Brick Red


Pardon the messy lipstick application. With red lipstick you have to line it with a red lip liner and use a lip brush for precise lines. Anyway, I am in love with Brick Red!!! It has a velvety quality about it. It is not too glossy which is perfect. Deep enough that it is not loud and still wearable for day time. This is definitely going into my to buy list. 

All the 4 shades swatched together.

Left to right: Nude Beige, Rosewood, Blush and Brick Red


Here are swatches of all the red lipstick I own.

Left to right: Burberry Brick Red, Chanel Passion, Chanel Byzantine and Chanel Lune Russe


My Burberry want list keeps getting longer and longer! Anyway I have a extra sample of Rosewood to give away.






Isn't it the cutest? It fits the palm of my hands and features the same gunmetal casing and design as the normal sized ones. Without the magnetic cap of course. Well if you want it just leave me a comment on which lip colour do you like best. I'll get my handy little random generator to pick one of you. 



I'll start picking on 17 September, Saturday, at 12.00 p.m. Singapore time. Good luck!

24 comments:

  1. Blush looks pretty! Me likey! The texture seems soft, smooth and creamy. :) Nude Beige, on the other hand, is what I'd consider a corpse-like nude shade. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Blush' looks good on you, and it's a color I'll normally get for myself. I like 'Blush' best. Hope I'll win the cute lil' lipstick :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Verlyn I met you before! ;) nice to 'meet' you again. Thanks a lot for your comment I love Blush too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Esther, thanks for your comment. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Pammy, that is why I don't do nude colours often. It looks like I'm sick! Do you have a go to nude shade? Anyway good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I want Rosewood and was disappointed when I read from your blog that Rosewood is OOS in Singapore. But I hope to win it here now!

    Blush looks gorgeous on you! Makes me want to try it. It looks much nicer on your lips than when swatched.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karelessly in Love, I'm sorry I was talking about Rosewood eye shadow being out of stock at the moment not the lipstick. Anyway, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jacq! You are now officially synonymous with Burberry makeup in my mind! You come to my mind when I think Burberry, they should make you our local ambassador! ;)

    Anyway, i'll like to take part too cos i love the sample size, it's cute to death!! Personally i like both rose wood and blush! But brick red looks gd on u - it brings out your skintone perfectly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kailing, I wish I was the ambassador. Isn't the mini lipstick cute! Next time you go to the BB counter and buy something, you must be thick skin like me and ask for samples. I love love Brick Red, I'm using it as much as I can. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of Blush! From the pics I think Rosewood looks good on you as well, though sometimes you can only really tell if it suits you with full face pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rachel for your comment! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brick Red looks gorgeous on u! I would prefer blush or rosewood. Thanks for organizing this giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Blush! It's a colour I would totally pick! :) And I agree nude beige looks "terrible". I have pigmented lips too and would stay away from beige colours like this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Miaka & Naturefall thanks for your comments. You are right I'm loving those two colours right now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jozefin, thanks for your comment good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jacqueline, yups at the Lancome event! Nice 'meeting' ya again too (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Brick Red; it looks so awesome! And it makes you look va-va-voom! :D

    thanks for the giveaway it's so nice of you :)

    (ps. you make me wanna drop by the counter too.. sigh.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Yuanshan, please do give BB a visit. The MA there are super nice and don't mind you playing around with the make up. thanks for your comment, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both Blush and Rosewood! gorgeous lipstick colours, hope I win! *cross fingers*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.