Thursday, September 15, 2011

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover No. Brick Red Review and Swatches


Mindy the MA and I were having a conversation about red lip stick. She was complaining that she could not wear any red lipstick because of the shape of her lips and her jutting jaw line. That had me thinking. Are there any girls out there who have the same problem? You are unable to wear red lipstick or you still have not found The One?

I used to think I could not wear red lips because my lips are very thick. (The running joke in the family is that my DH also has thick lips, so my poor DS will have lips twice what we have. Check out the evidence!)



These two years, I have become more adventurous in make up and I grown to love red lipsticks and have a few in my arsenal. Wearing red lips makes me feel powerful, like I'm Queen Sheba ready to take on the world. There isn't a red lipstick I wouldn't try!

Anyway, here is my recent red lipstick acquisition. Isn't she lovely?



It is a dark red. I can't do too glossy reds, my lips will look like the business end of a chicken if you catch my drift. This is a velvet red that looks so so good. It is dark enough to make it work appropriate though I usually keep my red lippies for night use.


Left to right: Nude Beige, Rosewood, Blush and Brick Red

So here is my collection of red lips.


Burberry Lip Cover Brick Red

Without lip liner

Without lip liner
With Burberry Brick Red lip liner

With Burberry Brick Red lip liner

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Wild Fire



Chanel Rouge Allure in Byzantine



Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion

Left to right: Chanel RA Passion, Chanel Extrait De Gloss Exces and Chanel Lip Liner Rouge
With Rouge Lip liner
Lesson about wearing red lipstick. I always line my lips with a matching lip pencil to make sure the lipstick does not bleed and to give it a more polished look. That being said, be sure to blend out out lip liner so that it does not leave an obvious line. As you can see from the above lip swatch, you can see the Rouge lip liner. I should have blended it into my Passion lipstick better. 

With Chanel Extrait De Gloss in Exces.
Now, the lip liner doesn't look so obvious.

Chanel Rouge Hydrabase in Lune Rousse

With MAC Burgundy lip liner
I bought Lune Rousse ages ago. I find it too dark for me so I always add Chanel Extrait De Gloss in Genie to lighten it up.



So which is your favourite red lip look? Do you have one of your own to share?

11 comments:

  1. ah so many red lips! @_@ lucky girl! you csan wear them well!^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Anna! I wish I could wear them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You sinned again! :P That was really quick... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel I'll sin even more after I have a whole slew of posts scheduled. I'm giving my Burberry priority so plenty moreof my sins coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be watching! I'm totally living vicariously through you.. the only makeup related things i've been buying recently are nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rachel, nail polish is the one thing I haven't been buying. Haven't gone for a m & p for a long time. Still waiting for my offending toe nail to grow out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colours! Amazing! Especially Brick Red. BTW, I love your blog, good job! I think I have similar skin tone to yours. Could you tell me the number/shade of foundation that you usally use? I you use Lancome or Dior it's even better, because I know their shades, however most of them are to pink for me.
    Congrats from Sweden!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Maria! If you check out About Me section on the right corner I listed the foundation shades I wear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jacqueline,
    Brick Red is one of my favorite shades as well. The only red shade that really suits my complexion. Do you happen to know if there is another brand wit the similar shade? I would like to purchase Brick Red, but it is sold out at Burberry and Nordstrom, Thanks!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandra, my Brick Red is most most favorite too because of the warm brown red tone. It's the most unique red in my collection, I don't have any that comes close to matching it. I can't think of another that matches this, I'm so sorry.

      Delete
  10. Heyy Jacqueline! I stumbled upon your blog while searching for Brick Red 19. what an amazing blog! I just have one small question, have you ever seen another lipstick similar to Brick Red ? Could not find any of it. thank you in advance !

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.