Saturday, August 27, 2011

Soft Launch of Burberry Beauty at Tangs Orchard till 1 September


I was at Orchard Road this rainy morning getting a Sephora fix. I happen to go to Tangs to buy gift cards when I stumbled on a tiny Burberry counter. Imagine my surprise and excitement. Burberry Beauty is having a soft launch until 1st September at Tangs Orchard so if you want to have a look at their products, you better hurry.

I was immediately attracted to the lipsticks, so like a heat seeking missile aimed straight for the lipsticks available there.  I settled for a Lip Cover in Dusty Rose. In the picture above, lovely MA Jennifer has just applied Dusty Rose lip definer, Dusty Rose Lip Cover and a dash of  Lip Glow (I forgot to ask the name!!!) on me. I love the colour.





All pictures were taken on my iPhone. Sorry ladies, no swatches because I am just plain shy to swatch and take pictures. I actually asked for permission to take the above pictures. 

They only have lip products on display but they have pans of eye shadow, blush and foundation hidden in their drawers. Ask for them! When Jennifer brought out all the goodies, I was hyperventilating, all so pretty!

My initial thoughts are the eye shadows textures are to die for. If I hadn't just bought the Urban Decay Naked Palette on this same shopping trip, I would have gotten myself a few. Almond and Khaki looks and swatches very nice indeed. The blushes are also very soft and the colours are very pretty and natural looking. I also got myself matched for their Luminous Fluid Foundation. In case you were curious I was matched with a Trench No. 7, I'm between a NC30 to 35 for MAC foundations. I resisted buying blindly and got some samples  to test drive instead

So this is what I bought. Lip Definer in Dusty Rose SGD $33, Lip Cover in Dusty Rose SGD $43, Lip Mist in Camellia Pink SGD $43 and Blush in Tangerine SGD $61. I just checked US prices and they are on par with SGD prices so no need to order on-line for these just get them at the counter.

I apologise for the quality of the pictures. It is a rainy day and the sun is hiding so I can't get you good ones. I promise you swatches when they sun comes out to play.



Unfortunately, the MA could not tell me when is the official launch date. But the counter will be right near the Tangs Beauty Hall entrance near Shu Uemura.

Oh yes, a shout out to Kailing, one of my readers. She was also at the Burberry Counter getting a lip makeover. I was very flattered that she recognised me from my blog and said hi. Hi back sweetie! I will say this again the lipstick looks awesome on you!

I was also at Sephora as I mentioned earlier and these were some things I picked up. Too Faced Shadow Insurance, the Naked palette and a Sephora brush.


So what do you want me to swatch first?

9 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the shoutout! Name's Kailing but don't worry about it! :) i got the other colour in the end (cameo pink and a lip mist in copper) cos i like softer colours! Hee.

    Nice to meet you in person too! I like the colours u bought! The SAs are very nice and friendly, aren't they! Swatches soon yeah? ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kailing, you have lots of will power to get just two items, I was really trying not to buy the whole counter. ;) if I stayed there any longer I would have gotten the foundation and eye shadows too. I went back to the counter hoping to catch you and say goodbye but you left.

    Can't wait to play with my buys. So are you a lippie gal or are you obsessed with other makeup items too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i went off to pay for my items and had to rush off to Wheelock to catch my friend for a late lunch. Didn't know you would be coming back! Hee..

    I didn't get the chance to say this but i really like reading your blog! You have great buys and i love reading your reviews and thoughts even for a non-lippie gal! Haha. That's why i could leave with just two but i might be going back for their powder when they launch officially. It's sooo fine!

    My weakness is base make up and eyeliners! But above all, i'm obsessed with skincare -_- heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow finally! I've been waiting for Burberry to hit our shores since early this year! Thanks for the update! I'm going to check them out tomorrow =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luna, you don't walk, run there! :)
    Kailing, oh so you like foundations and eye liners. Do you like pencil versions or liquid liners. I love liquid liners. Sweetie thanks so much for your feedback, I never imagined that this little blog would be liked by others. Well have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer pencils cos i find that liquids flake off! Or maybe i haven't found the best for myself yet. Hee. Yes I love foundations and i'm guilty of having one too many :) Eyeshadows are now fast catching up! :)

    Keep writing! I will post comments now that i've broke my silence! Haha.. I'll be enjoying a long weekend cos my ofc declared Mon a PH hee! Enjoy your wkend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygod! They are finally here!! & you got first dibs! I can't wait to go to the counter for myself, probably gonna pick up the foundie, base, a blush and definitely an eyeshadow and lipstick each.

    I shall legitimize this as a birthday present to myself *cough*

    Can't wait for swatches! Have a great Sunday Jacq dear, I missed talking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday in advance sweetie! I did not see a base though but you can try your luck. Keep me posted on your buys too! I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great haul! It's finally there in Singapore... I was waiting forever for it then I left SG. Exquisite packaging. Enjoy your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.